It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Setting default save file
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:24 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.6.11
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Vista - SP2
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
n/a

List any ERROR messages you received:
n/a

I did a quick search and didn't find what I was looking for...

How can I set a default save location ?

Before I upgraded to the newest version of GIMP, I remember setting my preferred save location in my Pictures folder. Now, I can't find that option and the default save file is the bin folder in the GIMP 2.0 file. It used to be my System32 folder.

It's not a big deal changing the location before saving, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. I accidentally saved an image to my System folder once and lost it in there. I could search for it in the Start menu, but I couldn't delete it. It's gone now, but bugged me for a few weeks. :P

Anyway, long post for a quick question. Thanks for the help!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Setting default save file
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:50 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

Gimp by default saves to (and loads from) its 'current directory'. This one can be set in the Windows shortcut for Gimp ("Start in", I think (my only remaining Windows speaks French)). Note that if you start Gimp by clicking on a file associated with Gimp, this can also set Gimp's current directory to the directory of the file.

Btw, this means you can have different shortcuts leading to different directories depending on your uses of Gimp.