It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tool Options freezes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:49 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.7.5
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 7
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

After a few minutes of use, the Tool options box freezes. The text and numbers disappear and using the options is impossible. Clicking on anything within the box does nothing.

During this time, I can click on and use the tool options for any other tool except for paintbrush tool.

The following fixes it:
-restarting Gimp
-pulling the tool options off the dock but putting it back it goes right back to broken
-changing from single window mode to multiple and then back to single

I have G'mic and GAP installed as well as 4 scripts. Is it possible for scripts to break Gimp when they are not in use?

Here is how it looks.

EDIT: Ok, this is happening after I crop. Everytime I crop and then click on the paintbrush, the tool options are blanked out like that

EDIT2: still happening with scripts uninstalled. I can open gimp, make a new image, crop it and click paintbrush and it instantly breaks

EDIT3: ok now it's happening no matter what I do. I can open gimp, make a new image, click on any tool, click on another tool, and when I go back to the previous tool, it's broken.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Tool Options freezes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:22 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

Is there a floating selection active (did you use Cut and Paste?)?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:57 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

No selections active. Tool options would break as soon as I started gimp and clicked back and forth between tools. I reinstalled multiple times. tried without addons, restarted my computer multiple times and it still broke. I finally uninstalled and installed the 2.7.4 version I had been using for awhile and it works great.

I could have sworn I had no issues yesterday when using 2.7.5. I did have a power failure last night while the computer was on and gimp was running. I don't know if that could have affected a file that gimp uses. I would think a clean reinstall would fix it though. I made sure to delete all folders and files that the uninstaller didn't get each time too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:25 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Are you using a theme?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:56 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

No. I reinstalled Windows today and everything seems to be working again. Who knows what went wrong