XP - SP3GIMP Experience:
Does anybody know of an easy way or script to replicate lines with increasing spaces between them as if around the edge of a disc or cylinder? (like the texture on the edge of a coin.)
Using my path-in-betweener
- with the Path editor make a first path along top edge
- with the Path editor make a second path along bottom edge
- In the Path list, right click either path, and "Tools/Generate intermediate paths"
- select the other path as the end path
- enter total number of lines
- use the "Swing" stretch (which happens to be using a sine function, which is exactly what we need here)
- use no Guide path
- this produces N paths, all marked "visible"
- in the Paths list right click any of these, and "Merge visible paths"
- stroke the resulting path
Cylinder.png [ 2.1 KiB | Viewed 271 times ]
PS: looks like I forgot to update the doc, which still doesn't know about the more recent parameters