It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Curves, Apply to Mulitiple Layers Simultaneously?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm  (#1) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
GIMP Version: 2.6.11
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: XP - SP3
GIMP Experience: Advanced Level

I've created an animated stamp featuring water moving about within the stamps boarders. I've also created a single 'Curves' setting to use on each layer. This stamp is almost complete but for a curve setting that I've created to use on each layer to enhance the image.

There are 26 layers to this animation and I want to have this 'Curves' setting that I've created to effect all of the layers. Is there a way to do this in Gimp 2.6.11, so that I don't have to apply this curve setting to each and every layer one layer at a time?

I hope someone finds this understandable and can help me out?

This is the stamp in question, (without stamp boarders). I thought you guys might want to view it.

Last edited by Wallace on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Curves, Apply to Mulitiple Layers Simultaneously?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Try this script, Combine background / Overlay background. The Overly background one. Just be careful, when you use it there is no dialog it just runs.

I'm not sure if it will do your job or not. I was thinking you could try making a curves adjustment layer, place it at the bottom of the stack and run the script. When the script runs it overlays the bottom/background layer to all layers.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 pm  (#3) 
Script Coder

Wallace wrote:

I've created an animated stamp featuring water moving about within the stamps boarders. I've also created a single 'Curves' setting to use on each layer. This stamp is almost complete but for a curve setting that I've created to use on each layer to enhance the image.

There are 26 layers to this animation and I want to have this 'Curves' setting that I've created to effect all of the layers. Is there a way to do this in Gimp 2.6.11, so that I don't have to apply this curve setting to each and every layer one layer at a time?

This is the stamp in question, (without stamp boarders). I thought you guys might want to view it.

Your best option is to merge all you layers as tiles in a big layer, apply the setting t the layer, and split that layer again. There must be scripts around to tile/untile.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:40 pm  (#4) 
Administrator

Odinbc wrote:
Try this script, Combine background / Overlay background. The Overly background one. Just be careful, when you use it there is no dialog it just runs.

I'm not sure if it will do your job or not. I was thinking you could try making a curves adjustment layer, place it at the bottom of the stack and run the script. When the script runs it overlays the bottom/background layer to all layers.

Thanks Odin,

I understand how this script is supposed to function and thanks for providing the link, but I don't understand how to create a 'curves adjustment layer' that can be applied to all layers?

Would this 'curves adjustment layer' look blank? What would be on this 'curves adjustment layer', just the curve settings applied to the alpha channel? Doesn't there have to be something on the layer to be effected by curves? I guess I don't get what your trying to convey or how to create a 'curves adjustment layer' to use as you suggest.

There should be a script that can use any filter or layer and or color changes that can be applied to any visible layer. Does this make sense?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:57 pm  (#5) 
Administrator

ofnuts wrote:
Wallace wrote:

Your best option is to merge all you layers as tiles in a big layer, apply the setting t the layer, and split that layer again. There must be scripts around to tile/untile.

@ofnuts,

Hmm... That sounds like an interesting idea, thanks. I'll have to check that out, not sure about there being a script though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:38 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

If you have GAP, is a simple matter. Filters/Filter all layers/plugin-wr-curves
Earlier you need to prepare the file.crv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:30 pm  (#7) 
Administrator

pogogogo wrote:
If you have GAP, is a simple matter. Filters/Filter all layers/plugin-wr-curves
Earlier you need to prepare the file.crv

Why you pickle you... ;)

That sounds easy enough, but I don't have GAP installed. That's the animation package for Gimp right?
I think I have this package, (if this is what your talking about), but haven't installed it yet.
I'll have to take a look to find out if I still have it hanging around somewhere.

If not... I'm sure that I can find it with a simple google search.

I was also thinking about this earlyer, but forgot about it. I think this is the way to go, thanks Pogo! :bigthup