It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Print Preview
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:53 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.4
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Win8
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

I have an Epson Artisan 1430 printer and I cannot sync the print preview and the final print size. I am saving my Gimp files as JPGs and for example when I choose landscape printing it shows in print preview and then changes settings on the Epson printer. I have tried borders, borderless printing and it still does not align with the print preview.

What other print program can I/should I use or how do I make my preview correspond to what I will actually print?

Thanks much. Experimenting is costly.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Print Preview
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:15 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

In Gimp have a look at, Image menu | Print Size to get an idea what size your print will be. If your going to make graphics in Gimp you need to set the canvas to 300 ppi before you start for decent size and quality prints. Gimp default is 72 ppi. For example a default 72 ppi image 1024 x 768 will print at approx., 14" x 10.5" but poor quality. If you change to 300 ppi your canvas size doesn't change but your print output size will shrink to approx., 3.5" x 2.5". In this case for a decent sized print your starting canvas size would need to be over 3500 x 2500 at 300 ppi for good quality and print size.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)