It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transparecy Issues (again...)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:06 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Mac OS
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

Can someone please tell me why i keep getting a faint gray background when i export to .png file format no matter how many times I use the fuzz tool?

it looks fine and all I see is transparency, but when the export is finished it produces a gray background.

I have uploaded the .xcf file as well as a pic.
Thanks

Attachments:
white(basic).png
white(basic).png [ 259.82 KiB | Viewed 1539 times ]
Mock-Up Template White.xcf [1.05 MiB]
Downloaded 79 times
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Transparecy Issues (again...)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:40 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Founder

Your background is not fully transparent. You can duplicate the image/layer several times to allow the colors that are there to multiply, so they become visible,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:51 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

huh??

I'm trying to make the background transparent... how can I do this? More importantly why doesn't it become transparent after using the fuzz tool? if you open the file you'll see i created an alpha channel.

GnuTux wrote:
Your background is not fully transparent. You can duplicate the image/layer several times to allow the colors that are there to multiply, so they become visible,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:03 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Founder

Here is what the background on that image actually looks like, when the layer is duplicated allowing the faint colors that are present to multiply and become visible.

Adding an alpha channel only allows for the possibility of having transparency within an image. If colors exist, you would still need to color erase or cut away any areas that contain color, no matter how faint.

I performed an Alpha to Selection, inverted the selection and deleted the background, which tossed the faint colors.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:34 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Ok got it : Alpha Channel+Invert+Cut

GnuTux wrote:
Here is what the background on that image actually looks like, when the layer is duplicated allowing the faint colors that are present to multiply and become visible.

[ Image ]

Adding an alpha channel only allows for the possibility of having transparency within an image. If colors exist, you would still need to color erase or cut away any areas that contain color, no matter how faint.

I performed an Alpha to Selection, inverted the selection and deleted the background, which tossed the faint colors.