It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello, Hello, Hello...LOL need some help with something i'm
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:08 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

sure is so simple a 5th grader could do it...LOL below is a picture..not mine..but see the red dot circle in middle...how can I do that..I've been doing with a paintbrush and just making the size..but after a while that gets old. I sure hope someone can help the old/young grammy...LOL

Thanks so much guys
Micki
Attachment:
peace heart kisses.jpg
peace heart kisses.jpg [ 54.74 KiB | Viewed 1753 times ]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Hello, Hello, Hello...LOL need some help with something i'm
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:54 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Create a circular selection, convert the selection to a path, and then stroke path (you can also stroke selection, but stroking path gives better results imo). You need to pick a circular brush and also play with the spacing until you get proper alignment. :)

Attachments:
sp.png
sp.png [ 15.61 KiB | Viewed 1744 times ]

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:44 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

questions highlighted in red..:)

lylejk wrote:
Create a circular selection, With the Eclipse Tool? convert the selection to a path, and then stroke path (you can also stroke selection, but stroking path gives better results imo). You need to pick a circular brush ok when I do this..it says paintbrush..but doesn't give me a selection of dots to use?? and also play with the spacing until you get proper alignment. Could you explain a little more please? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:58 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

You need to pick your brush prior to running stroke path. Plenty of circular brushes comes with GIMP. Can also just make your own using the elipse too and fill with color and copy it to clipboard but that's a whole different topic. Anyway, I picked this brush.

Attachment:
pbrush.png
pbrush.png [ 92.85 KiB | Viewed 1705 times ]

You already guessed the elipse tool for the selection. You can go into the the settings dialog Window to control the size.

Attachment:
sd.png
sd.png [ 46.91 KiB | Viewed 1705 times ]

To stroke, you need to play with the spacing setting in the brush dialog Window (see above for that; trial and error unfortunately). Hope that helps you Micki. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:44 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

woohooo I did it, I did it... :tyspin ..:)

Micki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Good for you Micki. Isn't GIMP fun? Pretty soon you'll be the master and teach me a few things. Been using GIMP for over 9 years now and still find new tricks with it. Still don't (or have a desire too) know how to Script-fu yet, but fortunately many here do and have shared their fantastic scripts; and forget about Python (I would never even try to code) but some fantastic plugins written using that filter. :)