Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Python-Fu plaid plugin

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Hey,

My first run at a plugin. It creates a new RGB image from user input, and draws stripes instead of using the smooth_palette function (like Tin Tran's really neat plugin.) Please try it out and let me know if it works. It'll be at File > Create > Render > create plaid image once installed. I like the results I get when picking colors from the right side of the picker (particularly the lower right,) btw.

python_fu_plaid.zip
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

Thanks,

hnd

Re: Python-Fu plaid plugin

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Example picture? before/after?

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:35 pm

After (there is no before):

plaid_sample.png
plaid_sample.png (1 MiB) Viewed 5006 times

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Did you mean to make the verticals show more clearly than horizontals?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:15 am

A nice plaid effect hnd, the script works fine for me on windows 10, Gimp 2.8.22

When trying a new script for the first time I tend to hit the ok button without changing the default values to hopefully see an example of what the script does. As here all the color default values in the register are the same the result is a white image ?, perhaps the default values could be set to say the values that created the example image you posted.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:30 am

Hey Steve,

Please try this updated version; it has non-white defaults which are hopefully close to the sample I posted before.

Thanks,
hnd

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:36 am

Tin,

Not specifically. I did try out a few different layer modes and transparency values, but did not find a combination that seemed to improve the result. If you have any ideas I'm all ears.

Thanks,

hnd

Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:02 am

Thanks hnd :bigthup , much better than the blank canvas

mk2.png
mk2.png (153.17 KiB) Viewed 4561 times

Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:27 am

This will be handy as i can't seem to use any of my 8BF plug-ins anymore (PSPI) along with my plaid.8bf in the newer GIMP version 2.10. Thanks!
Post a reply