Post a reply

Re: DIEGO's PYTHON PLUG-INS recently released

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:41 am

This should show a bad image ...

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:46 am

Jazzon,
thanks for your suggestions.
I will try to implement them also on my version.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:01 am

If You leave the divisor at "value > 1" like you talked about before, all you would need are the lines around the scale statements which alter the destination sizes to use aspect ratios. And even then You mightn't need any at all. The only weirdness I ever got was on Divisor 1. So if You leave it opted out ...

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:36 pm

dinasset Are You planning on adding Yours to gimpscripts.com? If so let me know when You do so I can cross link mine. I'm uploading them as three separate plugins today.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:54 pm

Update to my last post.
Kimba reported an error in another thread. When I handle that, then I will upload.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:58 am

Having taken into account the suggestions received by Jazzon (thanks!), I updated my version of Lyle style Wireframe.
THIS VERSION DOES STILL NOT SUPPORT LAYER GROUPS.
None of my filters do.
Thus, all the users who like to use my scripts on an image with layer groups should instead use Jazzon's version (a different thread).
DIEGO_WIREMAP_WireframeMap_Lyle.7z
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

As stated in a previous post, I did modify the "divisor" parameter to accept values > 1, because it's in the spirit of Lyle method (input to 3dElevation should be smaller than expected output).
I also changed the default for the top colour layer (if colour has been selected) to HARDLIGHT instead of COLOR; it's still just a default you may change it as you like unless you flatten the image.
Other interesting results may be obtained using GRAIN_MERGE or SCREEN (set opacity to 70%).
The max output size of the intermediate result coming out from 3dElevation is now 4096 (maximum allowed).
Hope you enjoy it without errors.
Last night my friend Issabella did many tests, so I hope it's now safe (thanks, my friend!).

edit: as soon as other people has tested it, this version will be posted on post#1 to replace the previous one

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:07 am

some outcomes from Issabella's tests (thanks again)

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:10 am

some other

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:14 am

dinasset, :rofl forgot to mention results were better with 4096, I had changed mine for tests, but now that I think about it, I think I forgot to change it in the release!

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:18 am

jazzon wrote:dinasset Are You planning on adding Yours to gimpscripts.com? If so let me know when You do so I can cross link mine. I'm uploading them as three separate plugins today.

I have to sincerely admit that I never learned correctly how to post my filters in there; all those of mine you find there were gracefully created/amended/completed by Gnutux (one time also Graechan): he spent a lot of time trying to teach me, but I'm a bit "hardkopfed". Thus, once Gnutux left his mission here, I did no more try to insert my filters under Gimp-chat's GIMPS SCRIPTS & PLUG-INS.
If you are able to do that, you may post together my versions and yours (different versions, like in Layer-Effects...).

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:21 am

Thank you so much Dinasset for a nice job. I think that Lyle will be proud of his idea. Jazzon, thanks for your effort and job too. You all are great in this Gimp Chat community. :jumpclap :jumpclap :jumpclap

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:13 am

taking a photo from Doronf2 (thanks)
DSC04566_RS_Lyle-col.JPG
DSC04566_RS_Lyle-col.JPG (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1252 times

DSC04566_RS_GC-col.JPG
DSC04566_RS_GC-col.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 1252 times

DSC04566_RS_GC2-gold-col.JPG
DSC04566_RS_GC2-gold-col.JPG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 1252 times

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:14 am

Interesting scripts. Thanks Dinasset :bigthup

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:20 am

isabella: Thanks belong entirely to dinasset and lyle. All I did was port it! You are welcome though.
Post a reply