Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Re: Slinky

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Another cool use for Slinky. I use to have to do this all manually, but slinky really does streamline the process a lot. Again, a big thanks to ofnuts for this cool gem. :)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:29 pm

I love the effect on Wilber! I was working on something similar.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 pm

PhotoMaster wrote:I love the effect on Wilber! I was working on something similar.
So was I, but not on Wilber:
Portman-spiral.png
Portman-spiral.png (430.88 KiB) Viewed 5092 times

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Cool the old wrap your head tutorial :)
Nice looking effect Lyle.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Just notice that I do need some more work the make te selections end at the seems. Maybe need to rethink some things. Still, I do believe slinky will help a lot overall. :)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Are Grammar Nazis allowed on this site? "seems" I do believe should be Seams
if not then I'll just stop

But anyway, thanks for the tutorial gonna try now.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

:lol @ Willy
As long as you do not mind anyone grammar nazi-ing your posts too. :)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Doesn't bother me, the only thing I really kill is spelling :p

Figured I should ask

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Amanda47 wrote:Is there a way to split all the Python help posts from the slinky posts? I'm not familiar with phpBB...

Split seems a good idea there is more then a page of OT, but only Mods may do it

so...any mod around :seeya ?

Lylejk, you are a naughty boy

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:45 am

Following your comment on the Registry I can't get my mind off searching for ways to implement that. You've achieved this: http://xkcd.com/356/

Naughty, naughty boy...

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:31 am

I can actually appreciate the multi-node resister problem ofnuts. lol

Surprise that creating a sawtooth or triangle wave over s sinusoid would be a problem though in Python. I do understand the f(x) challenge though; not a necessary feature and quite frankly might be just too weird to look at. lol

:)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 am

lylejk wrote:I can actually appreciate the multi-node resister problem ofnuts. lol

Surprise that creating a sawtooth or triangle wave over s sinusoid would be a problem though in Python. I do understand the f(x) challenge though; not a necessary feature and quite frankly might be just too weird to look at. lol

The problem is really for the arbitrary f(x). But sawtooth/triangle might be slightly more complicated that you think, round-off errors may put the apex in the wrong path. Look for a Slinky v1.0 sometime next week (should also have squares). MathSlinky will take a bit more time.

Question to the crowd: how many of you use the "high precision" toggle I added in 2.0?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 am

Do I dare say 0.2 to you too ofnuts (so you aren't the only one O; ;) ). lol

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:26 pm

lylejk wrote:Do I dare say 0.2 to you too ofnuts (so you aren't the only one O; ;) ). lol

Right... but you didn't answer the question :)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:49 pm

I tried splitting the post, but was unsuccessful. I sent a msg to O.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:20 pm

You're right; I just left everything to the defaults ofnuts. I just did try a quicky with the precision and it is slower but it worked. :)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 pm

I used high precision and does a great job of closing those paths. Nice!

And while I was mucking around with the new slinky plug-in, a new thought formed in my mind.

Spiral Paper Text Or Trampoline Text

I've been messing around with trying to get the holes to line up with the slinky. I'll post an example soon.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:44 pm

This is what I had in mind, looks cool, too!

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Definitely like the tanned hide concept Mahvin. Excellent idea despite you tanning my hide. lol

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Ahhhh, you got it before I could poke some fun! Hahaha...
Post a reply