Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

GMI'C Stylize not working with Custom Style

Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Hello, I'm new in this forum.

2 hours ago GMI'C Stylize was working fine and currently it dos'nt work with custom style top layer (buttom layer as well). The second Layer is not known by this function! If I tried to start stylize, I got this error message: *** Error in ./fx_stylize/*if/*if/ *** At least two layers are required in this mode.

With predefined styles its working fine.

Is there anyone, who has same trouble? I'm Running Win 10 Home, GIMP 20.10.22, GMI'C 2.9.1

Re: GMI'C Stylize not working with Custom Style

Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:05 pm

It works fine. In the lower right corner in the "Input Layers", change from "Active (default)" to "all layers.

It's as simple as that.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Is not working. What I noticed, the preview windows shows very cryptic pictures, e. g. like an icon which you scaled up to 200 x 200 pixel or an small band. Enclosed my settings (I used it some hundret times without trouble). There is no selection active!

If I could start the tool, my PC freeze after 34 sconds. Switch off is than the solution only. :roll:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:54 pm

Maybe you have too many layers, try with just 2 layers. It works fine here.

stylize.jpg
stylize.jpg (354.92 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

result.jpg
result.jpg (391.04 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:43 am

Thanks for the Input. That brings me to the Solution.

Maybe, this file is oversized (3456x4608 Pixel, compressed 488 MByte of xcf file on HDD). I seperate the layers in a new file and it works. Runtime: 8:00 Minutes.

I made pictures like enclosed wallpaper.
Post a reply