Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

GimpScripts Has A New Form

Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Getform got nasty about how many submissions were allowed per day (2) which I found totally ridiculous for an open source website that just hosts scripts/plugins for FREE. We're definitely not a money making website. So I moved to EMF form builder which allows 100 submissions a month. The form is slower, but a lot cleaner.

Keep in mind that certain entries are REQUIRED in order to post new plugins and scripts, and it has a lazy anti-spam feature before you can submit the form and files (not holding my breath that it will work).

File sizes are smaller (up to 2 MB) so please keep your files zipped or via .7z This might make it very necessary to keep images small in size, and if plugins require other scripts, it would be easier to just link to the script within the post, rather than to continue adding the same script to countless entries (Layer FX for example).

So, dear plugin and script authors, let's find a better way to reduce file sizes, and instead of constantly bundling other files/scripts, let's start using a simpler approach of linking to the script itself (that is hosted on the website).

Re: GimpScripts Has A New Form

Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:13 pm

Is the url still the same?

Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:34 pm

GimpScripts is looking good.

I like how the archive fits on one page.

The Submit form is essential because it frees the admins time for other tasks. I suspect behind this efficiency is a Rubiks Cube of scripts that work on some versions of Gimp but not others and scripts that only work on some OS's but not others.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:13 pm

mackenzieh wrote:Is the url still the same?

For the website, yes. The form delivery is the only thing that changed (EMF).

Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:17 pm

Tas_mania wrote:GimpScripts is looking good.

I like how the archive fits on one page.

The Submit form is essential because it frees the admins time for other tasks. I suspect behind this efficiency is a Rubiks Cube of scripts that work on some versions of Gimp but not others and scripts that only work on some OS's but not others.

I totally agree that we need to sort these scripts and plugins out per OS. It might be a good idea for MareroQ and I > sort through them and LABEL them as such. The website isn't perfect, but it is a work in progress.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:11 am

Looking good. :)

Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:59 am

All plugins in gimpscripts.net should work with Gimp-2.10.22/23 and Windows10.
It is difficult to provide suitable versions for other systems due to their multiplicity and variety.
In the case of plugins that require compilation, the source files are most often given.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:03 am

MareroQ wrote:All plugins in gimpscripts.net should work with Gimp-2.10.22/23 and Windows10.
It is difficult to provide suitable versions for other systems due to their multiplicity and variety.
In the case of plugins that require compilation, the source files are most often given.

That is good to know. AFAIK most if not all Windows plugins work in Macs as long as they have permissions enabled.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:29 pm

mahvin, you are doing an awesome job, really useful for the forum. I want to thank you so much. :tyspin :clap

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:33 pm

I agree with Issabella, Mahvin. Please know that you and those helping are very much appreciated. I know that MareroQ is but do not know if you have additional help. Want you to know that we users are very thankful for all your work.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:37 am

Thanks Pat and Issabella! We've been needing a place to host scripts for a few years now. I'm more than happy to get them back up and keeping MareroQ out of trouble by giving him something to do. :hehe
Post a reply