Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Apply filter to all layers

Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:11 pm

I have GIMP 2.10 and I'm looking to apply a filter to all layers.

It looks like Multiple-Layer-Actions is 2.8 only and I do have GAP installed but my GIMP doesn't have the Filter>Filter all layers option.

Re: Apply filter to all layers

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Hi Pine17. Looks like your version of GAP was not compiled correctly for your OS. Even so, you only get the GAP filters to apply. A better solution is G'MIC 'Input Layers' - 'All'. If you want to filter many more layers check my tutorial in the tutorials section.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:03 pm

Click here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19008#p259461

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:44 pm

using G'MIC to change the color of the same gif took over 30 minutes, which is why I'm looking for a way around that.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:14 pm

Pine17 wrote:using G'MIC to change the color of the same gif took over 30 minutes, which is why I'm looking for a way around that.

That makes no sense, it should only take a few seconds. Make sure to convert image mode of the gif to RGB before running G'mic.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:19 pm

If all layers are the same size, a solution is to create a big layer from them, apply your changes to that layer, and then split the big layer back to the individual layers. My ofn-layer-tiles script will do the merge/split operations for you.

Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:29 pm

Hello, I am interested in using the "apply filter to all layers" GAP option. Where do I install it for Gimp 2.10.20? I will also learn how to do the option with GMIC and decide what is best.
Post a reply