Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Create a chain linked text effect plugin Updated to Ver 2

Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Even though I'm going to get vaccinate on Monday, I still struggling not been able to go out to restaurants and enjoy a good meal. :gaah You know, when you are in that age that every bone in your body hurt, and been scare to get not only this Covi-19, but any other bug out there, (because your inmune system is not like when you where 21), it's sad. :( I have watched TV more this past year then I have watched my whole life, (I also read).......
Oh well, GIMP at least make you forget some of the miserable days. :yes

Well here it is another plugin. I hope you like it!

Please leave comments! Let me know if something is wrong or I forgot anything.

New:
Version two have the Pattern or the Color option:

Re: Create a chain linked text effect plugin

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:00 am

A nice plugin. Thank you so much for this new one, Pocholo.
It runs perfectly and the result is perfect in chain text. :clap

Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:16 am

Thank you Issabella! I'm glad that is working.

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 am

I also tried it, Pocholo. It does work perfectly! Good Work. I did find myself trying to change the colors and parameters of the individual layers. Currently only the text wording can be changed by the filter. It would be nice to set up with choices made in dialog boxes and then run the filter. That way, the background is not always black as could use whatever backgrounds in your Patterns folder. I played with choosing another font and still got a pleasing effect. It kept the chain text effect and I played with the text layers to make some color changes.

Those were things that came to mind as I played with it. I feel awkward many times making suggestions as I know nothing about writing code. Just remember how well you are doing in a short period of time. Be Proud!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:10 am

I have tried it and it works.

Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:10 am

This looks nice, thank you Pocholo!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:09 am

Pat625 wrote:I also tried it, Pocholo. It does work perfectly! Good Work. I did find myself trying to change the colors and parameters of the individual layers. Currently only the text wording can be changed by the filter. It would be nice to set up with choices made in dialog boxes and then run the filter. That way, the background is not always black as could use whatever backgrounds in your Patterns folder. I played with choosing another font and still got a pleasing effect. It kept the chain text effect and I played with the text layers to make some color changes.

Those were things that came to mind as I played with it. I feel awkward many times making suggestions as I know nothing about writing code. Just remember how well you are doing in a short period of time. Be Proud!

Thank you Pat for the input. I will post Version 2 adding an option for Pattern and a Color change.

About the coding well, it's not so hard to learn. It's basically knowing a math, and knowing GIMP pdb (procedure browser). There are not to many artist coder teaching much, but the do teach the basic of GIMP Python. Like, your first script to learn would be; "How to create an image text "Hello World". This uses basic techniques on the "Procedure Data Browser" pdb.
Post a reply