Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

"Metal Box" plug-in

Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 pm

Hello, :)

Here is my new "Metal Box" plug-in.
It's not very creative but it's multilingual and adapted to both Gimp 2.8 and Gimp 2.10.
I've tested it on Gimp 2.8 + G'MIC 1.7.9 and Gimp 2.10 + G'MIC 2.9.7 in English, French, German (partial), Spanish (partial), Italian (partial). Feel free to add translations or to fix them.

Enjoy!

Re: "Metal Box" plug-in

Fri May 14, 2021 6:05 am

Pexels fox, in a metal box.
baby got secured like gold in Fort Knox.

Or is it tin can for herring? I think she might escape!
Thanks, works okay for me.

Metalbox.jpg
Metalbox.jpg (455.82 KiB) Viewed 4129 times

Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 pm

CLI, I have tried to install your BoxEffect filter but it will not show up, even in the plug in browser. I am using a Windows 7, 64bit with GIMP 2.10.22. Anyone else having a problem?

Sat May 15, 2021 11:05 am

Hello, :)

The filter should appear in "Filters -> Artistic". (It has to be put in the "plugins" directory)
I suggest that you try to launch Gimp from a command line and tell me which messages are written.

Sat May 15, 2021 11:19 am

Yes, I found your plug, just where you say.
It works quick and the result is very nice. Thank you cli345. :tyspin

Sat May 15, 2021 11:39 pm

I must have an incompatibility. It is not in "artistic". It was placed in my plug in folder. It showed in the Edit\preferences in a folder that all other .py files were working. It could not be found using the Plug in browser. When I closed GIMP and then re-opened, all my plug in folders were missing in Edit\Preferences. I tried placing the file in other plug in folders but could not get plug ins to work until I removed it from the computer. Afraid to try it again as took a lot of time.

Sun May 16, 2021 4:32 am

Pat, remove the plug-in and close gimp even pass the cleaner and then install it again to see what happens.

Sun May 16, 2021 5:04 am

A quick play; thanks for the plug-in.

Sun May 16, 2021 9:50 am

Thanks Nidhogg, Pat625, Issabella, Oldmangrumpy for your feedback :) :tyspin

Sorry Pat625 that it took you a lot of time :oops: . If you have yet more time, you could remove the plug-in and try this one.

Sun May 16, 2021 2:10 pm

Thank you cli345.
the plugin works well and fast as Issabella mentioned. :)

Post a reply