Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Tri-fold or Four-fold Brochure effect plugin (Thank you Tim)

Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:01 pm

Hi folk! Hope that everyone are great in fine and healthy. Even though you don't see me sharing my plugins more often, I been relaxing and :fishing. Once in a while I get in and read everyones threads and posts. :sleepkbd :yup... Anyway...

This plugin was inspired by Tim Tran script "Map Fold" found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13932&hilit=map+fold
Also by Tom Bland video tutorial found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerD7m4zLKk

In this version:
1. I added and Alpha to the Image
2. Used the Perspective Shadow" (GIMP native script)

This is a request from our GIMPCHAT friend, Krikor and for the interest for GIMP.

Image Image

Re: Tri-fold Brochure effect plugin (Thank you Tim)

Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:55 am

Hello Pocholo, long time no see!
wtg on the plugin - I will have to test it out

ok tested, is my drop shadow correct?

Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:27 am

sallyanne wrote:
Hello Pocholo, long time no see!
wtg on the plugin - I will have to test it out

ok tested, is my drop shadow correct?
[ Image ]

Hi sallyanne, thank you for testing the plugin. As I looked in your result something went wrong with your shadow. It seem that is was copied but not fill with black color.

Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:17 am

Thanks Tin and Pocholo por this great effect. I think that it worked alright for me. :tyspin

Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:17 am

Thank you Issabelle for testing it. :tyspin I will rename the thread and post the new plugin that will enable the users to pick an option of "Three or Four Fold Brochure"

Re: Tri-fold or Four-fold Brochure effect plugin (Thank you Tim)

Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:48 pm

Some modification on this could produce an asian fan style effect... just saying ;)

Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:19 pm

:tyspin :coolthup Pocholo, thanks for this versatil filter. It works great in both options.

Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:42 pm

ok I used a different picture this time and alpha to selected the copied layer and filled it in with black

Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:53 pm

Thanks Pocholo and Tim - ran a quick test and it works well.

Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:34 pm

@sallyanne; I hope you downloaded this last version. Instead of making the shadow using copy of the image, I used GIMP Perspective filter. This effect it will seem the map fold is down on a table, instead of in the air. :) :)

@Issabella; Thank you for the nice comment, and once again for downloading and testing the plugin! :bigthup

@OMG; Thank you, it's great to hear from you! :wvy

Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:37 am

Ciao Pocholo,
I am very happy to see this plugin revived and improved, making 3 and 4 folds possible. :yr
You did a great job and now I won't have to do those folds by hand anymore. :bowdown
Good to see illustrious members of GimpChat like Sally, Issa and the crystal wizard OMG honoring and having fun with this plugin. :ghug

Many thanks Pocholo and Tim! :tyspin

Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:12 pm

Hi Pocholo.
Another great plugin. :hi5
With one small note to the menu:
This can be confusing: :roll:
I was also wondering how Krikor wants to fold to three?
So I came up with 6 possible positions for each part, but you beat me to it! :hehe
Post a reply