Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

a new filter a bit crazy "Artistic and Divide", version 1.1.0

Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:01 am

After many tests by my dear friend Issabella, I feel (almost) comfortable in releasing this new filter.
It will appear under the menu "<Image>/Diego/CrazyFilters/" (unless you modify the menu definition at the bottom of the source code).
Many of the results could appear a bit crazy (and that justifies the name of the menu group).
The craziness is due to the fact that each G'MIC Artistic Filter is applied using the DIVIDE layer mode.
All the G'MIC Filters of the Artistic group are exploited (one at a time, obviously, the one selected by the user at launch).
No additional resources are required (i.e. no subsidiary filters, no patterns, etc.).

Here the source, zipped
DIEGO_CRAZYFILTERS_ArtisticDivide.7z
(10.48 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Re: a new filter a bit crazy "Artistic and Divide", version 1.1.0

Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:04 am

Note: this "topic" is devoted to comments made by the users to the filter.
For images (in case you are so kind to post) use the "topic" Gimp Art. Thanks.

Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:10 am

Please note that GMIC Artistic Filter STYLIZE is applied choosing randomly the style, hence results change.
Here is the list of the "styles":
Stylize.7z
(826 Bytes) Downloaded 33 times

Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:42 pm

Teapot has experimented (thanks!) and discovered the option of using a preprocessing step, which I forgot to mention:
well, for those who download and try, it could be interesting -after having obtained the "standard" outcome- to experiment with that option.
Two other infos:
- in general results of GMIC filters (which are the heart of the filter) are quite dependant on the image size, the default size is the one used during the test period; you may experiment with different sizes to see the effects.
- the filter is not a general purpose "enhancing" tool, but a transformation tool, to experiment new looks.
Post a reply