Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Roller 5

Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:53 pm

You are welcome to Roller 5.02, a GIMP 2.10 plug-in for making image compositions like wallpaper. The plug-in requires Python 2.7 to be installed.
main.png
This is a snapshot of Roller 5's main window on Windows 10.
main.png (15.75 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Roller 5.02.zip
Fixes and improves previous version.
(4.69 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

Re: Roller 5

Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:59 pm

In this demo, I wanted to illustrate the various models that Roller 5 offers. I used the Plaque option to create the black cells, and the Caption option to make the smiles.
six model.png
This is the expected output of the included preset.
six model.png (114.18 KiB) Viewed 586 times

Demo.zip
This has a Roller 5 preset file and install instructions.
(15.62 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:39 am

This demo is made with Roller 5.01. I wanted to illustrate the new Backdrop Style, Roof Top. Corner Tape had a small problem that was fixed with the update.
Corner Tape on Roof Top.png
Made with Roller 5.01 and a preset.
Corner Tape on Roof Top.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 413 times

Demo.zip
This folder has the files necessary to reproduce the above image using GIMP 2.10 and Roller 5.01.
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:27 pm

The demo image is quite good but why is the 'art' presented as an image of 'art'? Why not cut-out the middleman and have the graphic as a stand-alone image?

BTW I'm not trying to be negative here just opinionated :bigthup

Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:26 am

Tas_mania wrote:The demo image is quite good but why is the 'art' presented as an image of 'art'? Why not cut-out the middleman and have the graphic as a stand-alone image?

BTW I'm not trying to be negative here just opinionated :bigthup

Personally, I like to make wallpaper, so I'll take an image and scale it into a composition. I also like a wallpaper to be unique, so that is why I randomize things, and since I do this for myself, I don't worry too much about color harmony, the art's theme, lighting, balance or other critical aspects when creating a composition.

Cheers,

Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:43 pm

In this demonstration preset, Roller 5.02 is using a Backdrop Style, Acrylic Sky with two Table models and a Cell model. The Cell model has a Netting Plaque with a Rounded Corners Cut-out Mask and a Border Line Frame. The Table models are using ellipse shaped cells with Per Color Plaques. Lastly, Tim's lightly modified Wobble script is used to make the Plaque Frames.
Overlapping Plaque.png
Expect this output from the preset.
Overlapping Plaque.png (261.45 KiB) Viewed 213 times

Demo.zip
Includes the preset file for creating this image and instructions on how-to create it.
(8.83 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:25 am

As ever full of intriguing ideas Charles - looks like very creative stuff (technical term).

:kpix
Post a reply