Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Re: which kind of Photoshop plugins can run via pspi.exe?

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Where does FilterMeister go in Gimp in order to use it?

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:49 pm

I assume the same place you place the other plugins from Photoshop, using PSPI.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:10 pm

Pocholo wrote:I assume the same place you place the other plugins from Photoshop, using PSPI.

I've tried it and it doesn't show up.

I have it here:

It gave me errors when it was loading:

Finally it loaded under Filters in Gimp here:

I'm not sure why it loads there but I'll take it since it won't load from the photoshop folder, I have. I just hope it works.

EDIT: After trying to get Filter Meister to work with Gimp using Windows 64 Bit, I can say, that Filter Meister does work. You just have to compile the FMSamples before running it. Speaking of which, are there anymore FMSamples? I only grabbed two. They are FMnewton5c and afhbev30.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Also FilterMeister fails to load with specific filters. Post #19 is where I posted it: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11606&start=10

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 pm

All channel production line channels won't work w/PSPI (trust it got broken with 2.6.8 arrival of GIMP; memory's fluffy now, yet luckily, we have the client channel that does and you can utilize the Client Channel to change over channel plant 8bf's to GUF records and afterward run them inside Client Channel). Most 8bfs that have their own inherent GUI will work in PSPI (however not all). I realize my answer is extremely nonexclusive; sorry about that. Simply wish somebody would or could fix PSPI so it would work with Channel Processing plant channels once more. :) Njmcdirect payment

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:56 pm

vajar wrote:All channel production line channels won't work w/PSPI (trust it got broken with 2.6.8 arrival of GIMP; memory's fluffy now, yet luckily, we have the client channel that does and you can utilize the Client Channel to change over channel plant 8bf's to GUF records and afterward run them inside Client Channel). Most 8bfs that have their own inherent GUI will work in PSPI (however not all). I realize my answer is extremely nonexclusive; sorry about that. Simply wish somebody would or could fix PSPI so it would work with Channel Processing plant channels once more. :)

If you're talking about the Filter Factory or the Gimp User Filter I've seen them. They just seems complicated to install.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:26 pm

Rod wrote:Aha! I was able to get it going using Sams Userfilter 64 bit. Sweet! Now i need some filters. :)

Where can I find Sam's Userfilter 64 Bit?

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:44 am

mackenzieh wrote:Where can I find Sam's Userfilter 64 Bit?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18311

UserFilter.png
UserFilter.png (626 KiB) Viewed 4660 times

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Nidhogg wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:Where can I find Sam's Userfilter 64 Bit?

Thanks Nidhogg! I installed it yesterday and it works.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18311

UserFilter.png

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:18 am

I still get errors when running certain filters. They won't even show up in userfilter.

Here is the post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11606&start=10 (post #19)

Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Has anyone tried the FM patcher? http://filtermeister.com/fmpatcher/index.htm

I know that it says it's compatible for vista, but maybe it works in windows 10 as well since some photoshop plugins still don't work under filtermeister and are not compatible with the Gimp UserFilter.
Post a reply