Switch to full style
Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Re: Random Font Text Script Rel2

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am

Script works faster than I'd ever imagined and NO bugs whatsoever!
Great job everyone!

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 am

Very nice Kit.
Tux, how did you use your Bling Text Animation on the random fonts? When I go create logos (gimpchat) Bling text animation I have to use the dialogue appears so how do I get my random fonts into that dialogue? Could the new update include alpha to logo?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Love it! You can make palettes the colors you want to make your text.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Thank You guys!!
This is a lot of fun

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Nice shine pirate.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Great to see all the fantastic Images from the script

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:43 pm

excellent script

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 pm

starting to add some effects>this is chisel

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Looking good Graechan.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Graechan wrote:
starting to add some effects>this is chisel
[ Image ]

Like the new effects options, Graechan. :hehe

molly wrote:Tux, how did you use your Bling Text Animation on the random fonts? When I go create logos (gimpchat) Bling text animation I have to use the dialogue appears so how do I get my random fonts into that dialogue? Could the new update include alpha to logo?

Yes. The new version has an Alpha to Logo option. I just merged down all the fonts onto a single layer and ran the script. I will be releasing Bling Text V2.0 soon. It's been completely rewritten. The old version hadn't been updated in 6 years and had some issues. ;)

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 pm

It still has a bump effect

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 am

'Put Your Phone Away And Nobody Gets Hurt'

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:30 am

Alright whoever is talking on the phone had better hang up or else, handy use of the script Odin :rofl

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:13 am

Experimenting

Used the word "Wallpaper" twice one in lower case and the other in upper case, unchecked the merge layer option. I then used G'mic's packed sprite filter to generate the wallpaper below using the letters generated from the "Random Font Script". I did try to use the complete word but for some reason the packed sprite filter just kept returning a blank image.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:14 am

Excellent work He4rty I love the wallpaper (where did you get your random colors from, must be a blue palette)
if you want to fill with a word, it's easier to create the text, copy visible then use 'Multi-Brush-Fill with the selected brush being the clipboard

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:23 am

Very cool He4rty, you always add some nice spins to things to make them more interesting.
Graechan, I know what I would like to do with all those phones I see people walking around with.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:28 am

I just had a thought; if someone is using a screen reader or a language translation of this thread they will not be able to understand the text in the image. I think it would be a good idea to add the image text to the post as well.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:53 am

Graechan - Thanks for the comment, the palette was one I created a little while ago, I have a few new ones so maybe I'll upload them to the palette thread. Thanks also for the suggestion of the 'multi-brush fill'
Molly - Thank you for a lovely comment.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:51 am

Graechan this is a cool script my friend. :)

Post a reply