It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pixelize All Layers Script
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 am  (#1) 
Script Coder

Here's a new script that I created to run the Pixelize filter on All layers, active layer, visible layers, linked layers. The is one of many of my new scripts to allow filters to be run on several layers. I'll be adding new features as time permits including, at some point, of combining them into one major script.

The script is attached to the bottom of this post, but please be advised, I will be making updates to the script and may not always reflect the changes here. You'll always be able to view the updates at my dA site: FP's Pixelize All Layers script and at GIMPScripts. I've also been able to add "preview" functionality to the script-fu. (Read comments at the bottom of this post)

Install the script to your scripts folder and after you refresh, you'll be able to find it under Filters > Blur > Pixelize All Layers....

Enjoy!

* I'm not sure what I've done to implement the preview option is correct programming-wise or if creates problems with the code, etc., but I'm not a programmer and all my tests appear to have worked. Essentially, when you run the script, a call is made to the specified plugin and a "dummy" layer is created. You set the options of the plugin and when the plugin is run, it runs it on the dummy layer, deletes the dummy layer, and then passes the settings to the desired layers using the RUN-WITH-LAST-VALS call.

Attachments:
pixelize_all_layers_gimp_script_by_fencepost.zip [1.29 KiB]
Downloaded 164 times

I'd rate you as an upper-middle-lower-mod with pro-novice-inter tendencies.....and a twist of lime! Of course, my rating scale is completely objectively subjective, but ALWAYS consistently inconsistent.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Pixelize All Layers Script
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:38 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

cool FP, thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:38 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Man i can't wait to dig into these and see how these were written. :)
Thank you fencepost for sharing your work here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:17 pm  (#4) 
Script Coder

Well, the options for sorting out the various layer choices used the code discussed on this forum. The only thing I've done differently, is the code to let you use the filter's preview, which really isn't that difficult. :) Take 'em apart and use/throw away whatever you wish! LOL

I'd rate you as an upper-middle-lower-mod with pro-novice-inter tendencies.....and a twist of lime! Of course, my rating scale is completely objectively subjective, but ALWAYS consistently inconsistent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Founder

Maybe a good idea would be to team up with Graechan and include this function in the Multiple Layers Action Script he is working on. That script provides a good template for these kinds of layer actions.

The inspiration for that script came from the idea to combine some of your previous stand alone layer action scripts into a single script. :hehe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:28 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Great stuff.
This is the second code for the plugin type *. exe
A few questions - do you have an example for:
- Scrip-fu (*. scm);
- Plug-in (*. py)
- Pspi (* .8 bf)?
Major script - any details?

In the menu, the call to:
- With one option with a selection effect
- Whether in a single file scattered effects on the menu?

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:35 pm  (#7) 
Script Coder

GnuTux wrote:
Maybe a good idea would be to team up with Graechan and include this function in the Multiple Layers Action Script he is working on. That script provides a good template for these kinds of layer actions.

The inspiration for that script came from the idea to combine some of your previous stand alone layer action scripts into a single script. :hehe

We'll definitely have to do that. I can see a lot of possibilities here.

MareroQ wrote:
Great stuff.
This is the second code for the plugin type *. exe
A few questions - do you have an example for:
- Scrip-fu (*. scm);
- Plug-in (*. py)
- Pspi (* .8 bf)?
Major script - any details?

In the menu, the call to:
- With one option with a selection effect
- Whether in a single file scattered effects on the menu?

Thanks, MareroQ.

I'm not following your questions. The script posted is an scm using GIMP's default pixelize filter under Filters > Blur > Pixelize, but I'm not sure what you're requesting as far as the python/pspi.

Can you explain the menu call questions/comments too?

Thanks, Art

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:21 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Admirable - for file *. exe
Do you have a recipe for use (to all layers):
- Scripts (*. scm);
- Plu-gins (*. py);
- Pspi (* .8 bf)

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:40 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks FP. You are contributing a ton just lately - it's great to have you!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:35 pm  (#10) 
Script Coder

Erisian wrote:
Thanks FP. You are contributing a ton just lately - it's great to have you!

Glad to help out. :bigthup

@MareroQ:

I'm not sure if I understand completely, but are you wondering if this is something like the GAP plugin called "Filter All Layers"? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9546

If so, that's kinda my intent at with my current scripts. In "my" experience with the Filter All Layers plugin, I couldn't get it to work with every plugin, at least not consistently. So, with the scripts I'm writing now, I'm hoping to accomplish that goal and future scripts will include options that will allow the parameters to change per layer. I currently have scripts that do like my Polar Coordinates All layers script which will let you start with one value and increment as desired to achieve additional effects. If you wish to see all of my scripts in one location, you can view them here: http://fence-post.deviantart.com/gallery/652520. Now, whether they will work with photoshop (8bf) python filters is unknown and will have to be tested on a case by case basis. Here's an example where I was able to achieve it with an old GIMP kaleidoscope filter: http://fence-post.deviantart.com/art/GI ... -147803977

If I've completely missed the boat with your questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer you, but keep in mind that I'm NOT a programmer and may not be the best resource to answer your questions or help build a script/plugin that will do what you want.

Art

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:48 pm  (#11) 
Script Coder

FencePost a remarkable contribution to scripting, it was so simple yet effective. Thank you for posting, I remember the RUN-WITH-LAST-VALS string from your kaleidoscope animation script, and can see how well this script has been put together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:00 pm  (#12) 
Script Coder

Well, I don't know about remarkable...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then :hehe but thank you. You and I need to team up as suggested by Tux and we can have some scripting fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:39 pm  (#13) 
Script Coder

Yes it would be great, I've been active with some with Gnutux that i have enjoyed working on

Your tutorials with the animation scripts were excellent also

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:54 pm  (#14) 
Global Moderator

My favourite script of Fenceposts is the animated snow like on my sig, that is his.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:27 pm  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

I need to re-pixelize my pixels?
Just kidding, great script again! You´re a pro!