Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Re: Official release: MareroQ & Pocholo "Cosmos" plugin

Wed May 04, 2022 3:47 am

... this is a bit of a different tale ...

Thu May 05, 2022 6:44 am

I am very disappointed with your lack of interest in ideas about this - so this will probably be my last post on this forum.
Many Thanks to Friends and all testers.
See you in another dimension.

Thu May 05, 2022 8:38 am

Great work, my friend. I know I been absent for a while :oops: . You have done an excellent work with this plugin since we started and the users here are been great with their input ideas. Here is another idea you can insert in the plugin; "Starburst". I uploaded the .py file here for you to use. :) P.s. You can add different colors with the Supernova plugin if you wish to.

Thu May 05, 2022 8:49 am

MareroQ,

I hope you stay on the forum. The bank holiday weekend, sunshine and garden growing fast has meant less time at the computer for me :)

Your latest images are great. I particularly like the popcorn fractal ships in the first image of post #100, they look good as lights in the distance as well as close up :yr

MareroQ and Pocholo thank you again for the great plugin, I really enjoy it :tyspin

Sun May 22, 2022 10:08 pm

I may not be very active in this forum, but I want to say that I do think that you made good work on this plugin.

Also, I have to let you know that you shouldn't make your decision based on the number of feedback you get. I make G'MIC filters all the time, and spend a lot of time in it even I retrieve far less feedback than I'd like, but I do acknowledge there are many people out there that I appreciate my work. Even outside any meaningful contact with me. The same it is for you. Even a small people could benefit, and that makes it worth it.

And yes, MareroQ is here.

Mon May 23, 2022 12:18 am

See you in another dimension.

Maybe this is the other dimension. I really like that you are from Poland. What a great country, supporting your neighbors and giving so much to the World? Poland even loaned Australia medicine last year. We probably didn't deserve it because we don't do much for anyone else.

Wed May 25, 2022 8:27 am

Thank You very much for kind words. :oops:
If You are interested, I invite you to try Ver.1.6 (over 100 famous spaceships based on dingbat fonts).

'Famous Ships' based on the dingbat font by Daniel Zadorozny http://www.iconian.com/:
-famous_ships.ttf,
-famousspaceships2.ttf,
-starnavy.ttf.

These fonts are free for all non-commercial uses including: charitable, nonprofit, academic and educational.
The included fonts are the silhouettes of numerous spacecraft: Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Spacecruiser Yamato, Space 1999, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Buck Rogers' starfighter from the 23rd century, Dr. Who's Tardis, Serenity from the Firefly, Imperials, Rebels, Klingons, Cylons, Romulans, and Colonists series.

I will probably come back here someday ... :seeya

Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:21 am

I really like this plugin! :)

stars_and_planets.jpg
stars_and_planets.jpg (169.49 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

Nicely done folks! :coolthup :tyspin

Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Thank you Rod! I created a simple "Create Stars and Planet" plugin and MareroQ developing ideas has taken it beyond :hi5 . There are no words to describe his ability to create and developing things. I'm glad to be here with all you coders :)

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 am

Hi Pocholo.
Belated thank you for being an inspiration to me and allowing me to use your various plugins. :tyspin

Anyone who has been following P&M Cosmos on gimpsripts knows that the current version is 2.1. I'm posting it here due to the imminent closure of gimpscripts.net.
It's hard to show all the new features in one image, but for me the most interesting ones are: the "Camouflage" planet and the addition of the "Active pattern (scaled)" option for ship decorations + 21 patterns.

Maybe someone will have fun with this. :ninja

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm

I'd like to know which G'MIC script of mine that has been used here that no longer works. I did found a way to make them work directly via copy and paste though I'd rather know which ones first.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:34 am

Hi Marek, did you put the texture on the starship afterward?
I cannot find the texture button for the ship on the plugin, what did I do wrong? :oops:
(I did put the texture folder in the GIMP texture folder, though)

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:35 am

Hi Reptorian.

- a world record was broken in the plugin because the G'MIC procedure occurs 84 times (including fx_rep 13 times).
They all seem to work as expected for Gmic 3.3.5.
- regarding the copy/paste Gmic filter code, there is an implementation from version 0.8 (#75) that I had to add due to the countless possibilities of your filters,
If you would like and have time, please ask for a new filter (or indicate an existing one) for generating SpaceShip textures.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:36 am

Hi Patrice.

It's good that you ask, because I know how easy it is to get lost in the thicket of options (and frequent changes in the menu do not make things easier)

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:48 am

MareroQ wrote:Hi Patrice.

It's good that you ask, because I know how easy it is to get lost in the thicket of options (and frequent changes in the menu do not make things easier)

Thanks you very much Marek, now I understand and is working :bigthup
:tyspin (BTW, very nice ship textures :clap )

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:15 am

OK. :bigthup
I'm waiting for your wonderful works and new ideas (supported by a small tut.) :paint

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:54 am

MareroQ wrote:OK. :bigthup
I'm waiting for your wonderful works and new ideas (supported by a small tut.) :paint

:oops: I'll try to find the time :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:23 am

Time is money :mrgreen:

Wed May 01, 2024 9:42 am

Why are there no brave ones to publish?
But I think I know the reason is different. :mrgreen:
You're wasting your Time on this kind of fun... :hehe

Thu May 02, 2024 1:07 am

Really awesome your outcomes, MareroQ. Very interesting images and colours. :clap
Pocholo and you did a excellent filter. :clap
Post a reply