It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:46 am  (#121) 
Global Moderator

Thanks saul :bigthup

Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 am  (#122) 
GimpChat Member

I downloaded the windows 64 version. What folder in gimp does the plug in go?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:53 am  (#123) 
Global Moderator

you put it in your user > plug-ins folder, just the exe, not the c one
C:\users\your name\.gimp-2.8.XX\plug-ins

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:55 am  (#124) 
GimpChat Member

molly wrote:
you put it in your user > plug-ins folder, just the exe, not the c one

Thanks, Molly

Post subject: Re: Testers Needed: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:37 am  (#125) 
GimpChat Member

Graechan wrote:
Molly One such script I've never been able to use properly is Fencepost's animated fire and it's a fantastic script
[ Image ]
me and my little laptop are very happy with the outcome of this venture and GnuTux's persistence to fix a problem that gimp should have seen coming
As it turned out there was a lot of hidden talent laying around here

that's cool. How did you come up with it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:43 pm  (#126) 
Script Coder

Mackenzieh if you mean how did I come up with the Image I used Fenceposts animated fire script on an image of Darth Vader I downloaded

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:30 pm  (#127) 
Global Moderator

Yes you are right Graechan. You are a big part of that hidden talent. There are more scripters coming out of the woodwork all the time. It looks like a bunch of jibber jabber to me so my hats are off to all of you. Getting too many to name now.
I have all Sauls scripts and all of yours and Tux's, quite a few of ofnuts and some of RobA's. One of the ones I really like by Paynek, called "Test for duplicate scripts". I also have a couple of dd's.
Just a bunch of Gimp Chat very talented DUDES.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:48 pm  (#128) 
GimpChat Member

Note!
Today I had the opportunity to test my compilation for Win 32 bit on Windows and various versions of Gimp (from 2.7 onwards).
Unfortunately, the tests came out badly - in 5 out of 10 cases, this version of the compilation is not working.
Possible cause malfunction - is a separate compilation script-fu - not the whole program Gimp?
Does anyone have a ready-made another compilation for Windows 32 bit?
If someone has downloaded this version - is it working for you?
If not, sorry!

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:55 pm  (#129) 
Global Moderator

@ MareroQ, Not sure that it is working. Then I am not sure what is supposed to happen either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:56 pm  (#130) 
Global Moderator

Is this what you are looking for MareroQ, on Page one of this thread?
viewtopic.php?p=128231#p128231

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:43 pm  (#131) 
GimpChat Member

Sallyann
Open any script-fu.
Can you minimize the window (mouse) - to see the scroll bar?
If so - is the new version works.
If not - this is a bug in my build for windows - unfortunately I do not understand why this is a strange work (lack of some dependencies?)
Tests still need - and a new compilation for Win 32 bit!

Attachments:
test.png
test.png [ 69.93 KiB | Viewed 1160 times ]

Slava
Ukraini!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:27 pm  (#132) 
GimpChat Member

@mareroq, i'm using your file script-fu on gimp 2.8.8 portable winpenpack without problems.
I have replaced old file \lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\script-fu.exe with your file and i can minimize the window otherwise it isn't possible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:02 pm  (#133) 
GimpChat Founder

I've compiled the Linux 32bit binary of the Official Release V1.0 and attached it to the first post in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:32 pm  (#134) 
Script Coder

Does this mean you will be able to move it to GimpScripts and then add a post to the Registry
also has anyone checked to see if it's viable on 2.6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:59 pm  (#135) 
GimpChat Founder

Graechan wrote:
Does this mean you will be able to move it to GimpScripts and then add a post to the Registry
also has anyone checked to see if it's viable on 2.6

Yes. I'd say after a bit more testing, it will be time to go up on gimpscripts.com.

This mod is being discussed on the GIMP Devel list and there could be suggestions on how to improve it, so we will let that simmer for a bit before proceeding.

I haven't looked at GIMP 2.6. I'd image the interface code hasn't changed much, so I suppose the mods to the source would work, with few or no changes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:09 pm  (#136) 
Script Coder

About the only thing that's changed that would affect the patch was the combo box redesign and using Cairo for text. If I recall correctly, both of those happened pre-2.6 (so there is a fairly good chance the patch would work).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 am  (#137) 
GimpChat Member

I downloaded "Script-fu-interface-Mod-Official-Release-V1_Win_x32 bit.zip". I unzipped. I put script-fu.exe in my folder plug-ins "C:\Documents and Settings\Master\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins".

Where should I put the file "script-fu-interface.c"?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:49 am  (#138) 
Global Moderator

You don't need to put that anywhere Carlos. That is just a source file to show where it is from.
If you want to read it, just right click on it and open with a text editor.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:52 am  (#139) 
GimpChat Founder

:ninja That file was included in case you want to look at the changes to the code or compile it yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:00 am  (#140) 
GimpChat Member

A note of thanks, not many downloads for the linux 32 bit binary (stands at 5 and one of those will be mine).

Popped the file into /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/ - renamed the original file and made it non-executable (rule-number-one, never throw anything away).

So far no problems at all, using PClinuxOS 32 bit and Gimp 2.8.10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next