It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:13 am  (#141) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:57 am  (#142) 
GimpChat Member

After installed script-fu.exe, the menu "Script-fu" and "FX-Foundry" disappeared.

Attachments:
Script-fu disappeared.png
Script-fu disappeared.png [ 19.06 KiB | Viewed 975 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:07 am  (#143) 
GimpChat Founder

I can't imagine the Script-Fu plug-in having any affect on menu options. I have a "Script-Fu" menu that's unaffected by adding the new Script-Fu plug-in. I guess you could remove it and see of those menus come back, but my guess is something else changed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:22 am  (#144) 
GimpChat Member

ok,so how exactly does that help with bevel logo?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:28 am  (#145) 
GimpChat Founder

pirate541 wrote:
so how exactly does that help with bevel logo?
This modification allows the Script-Fu interface to scroll when there are too many input items to fit on your screen. The Bevel Reflect Logo script makes use of quite a few input items, especially in the module invoked from File/Create/Logo.

If all of the options from Bevel Reflect Logo (or any script, for that matter) fit on your screen, this modification doesn't help. It is only useful when you need to scroll to get to options that have ran off your screen.

The number of options that can be seen on a given display depends on the resolution of the screen and the size of the fonts (or theme) being used.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:43 am  (#146) 
GimpChat Member

ah ok
Thank You
But where do i download it too?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:55 am  (#147) 
GimpChat Member

@Carlos Diniz

Quote:
I downloaded "Script-fu-interface-Mod-Official-Release-V1_Win_x32 bit.zip". I unzipped. I put script-fu.exe in my folder plug-ins "C:\Documents and Settings\Master\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins".

Just a thought, C:\Documents and Settings\Master\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins implies Windows XP
You put the plug-in there, what did you do with the existing plug-in in
C:\Program Files\Gimp 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

screenshot as example, Image

left side your Gimp profile, right side the Gimp installation folder with an inset of the plug-ins contents.

If not already done, rename the old script-fu.exe to maybe script-fu.bak.
Also this would be a better place for the new script-fu.exe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 am  (#148) 
GimpChat Founder

rich2005 wrote:
Just a thought, C:\Documents and Settings\Master\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins
You put the plug-in there, what did you do with the existing plug-in in
C:\Program Files\Gimp 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

As it turns out, GIMP will use the first plug-in or script it encounters and it will ignore any other plug-in with the same name it finds afterward. It will search folders in the order they are listed under Edit/Preferences/Folders

In the above example, it will look in /home/gnutux/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins and if it finds a plug-in there, it will ignore any other copies it finds in /usr/local/lib//gimp/2.0/plug-ins.

Note: it will generate a "Duplicate Plug-in Found" message at the console, but unless you are monitoring console messages, you'll never see it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:21 am  (#149) 
Script Coder

GnuTux wrote:
As it turns out, GIMP will use the first plug-in or script it encounters and it will ignore any other script or plug-in with the same name it finds afterward. It will search folders in the order they are listed under Edit/Preferences/Folders

A small correction. Your statement is NOT true for scripts. You will get the last script found if there are duplicates as GIMP silently replaces the previous definition with the latest one.

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:28 am  (#150) 
Global Moderator

I remember running into that a couple years back and I remember asking for a script to find duplicate scripts and Kevin wrote one and it works great.
The script lists all the dupes and makes it very easy to remove the ones you don't want.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 am  (#151) 
GimpChat Founder

paynekj wrote:
A small correction. Your statement is NOT true for scripts. You will get the last script found if there are duplicates as GIMP silently replaces the previous definition with the latest one.

I just tested it. You are right about one thing. It doesn't warn you about the duplicate script. However, it displays the correct input items in the dialog from the first one it encounters. When I ran it though, I got an error message.

If it wasn't loading the first one it encounters, I would have gotten the old input dialog from the 2nd one, but I didn't. I got the dialog from the first one it encountered.

I'm not sure exactly what's happening. It must be loading pieces of each script.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 am  (#152) 
GimpChat Member

I removed the script-fu.exe. I openned GIMP and the menus came back again.
I watched my folder plug-ins. There's no other script-fu plug-in there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 pm  (#153) 
Global Moderator

@Tux, when I used to have a lot of dupes, none of the scripts would work, If I duped one of the ones that came with the Gimp package into my user scripts they didn't work. I don't remember getting errors but the script just plain didn't work. I mentioned this in a post, so Kevin made the script at that time. The duplicate script tells you exactly the path where they all are.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:14 pm  (#154) 
GimpChat Founder

Carlos Diniz wrote:
I removed the script-fu.exe. I openned GIMP and the menus came back again.
I watched my folder plug-ins. There's no other script-fu plug-in there.

Carlos, try rich2005's suggestion. There would be no other script-fu.exe in your user plug-ins folder, but there would be one in your system plug-ins folder.

As rich2005 suggests, back up the old script-fu.exe first in your system plug-ins folder and then copy in the new one. That way, if you have problems, you can restore the original.

@Molly - Yes, duplicate scripts of different names in the scripts folder have always given me trouble. I can't say I remember ever having exact same script-fu script in two different folders in GIMP's search path. There is definitely something strange happening in that case, but it's not a replacement of one with the other. It looks like bits of both are being used. I'd consider that a bug.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:21 pm  (#155) 
Global Moderator

:yes Maybe,
Mine all happened before I knew what the difference between a 2.0 script and a .gimp/user scrip were.
I have kept in the habit of running Kevin's dupe script every couple months just in case.
If it is a bug, it can probably be fixed... another Tux project. :teeth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:25 pm  (#156) 
Script Coder

@Tux

You've prompt me to check a bit more thoroughly :)

With duplicates you get the first script-fu-register found, but the last definition of the executing code - much confusion ensues. :huh

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:31 pm  (#157) 
GimpChat Member

I removed the old plugin "script-fu.exe from "C:\Arquivos de programas\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins". I put the new plugin there. I openned theGimp. The menus FX-Foundry and Script-fu disappeared again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:49 pm  (#158) 
GimpChat Founder

paynekj wrote:
You've prompt me to check a bit more thoroughly :)

With duplicates you get the first script-fu-register found, but the last definition of the executing code - much confusion ensues. :huh

That is odd behavior, but it's what I'm seeing, as well.

Carlos Diniz wrote:
I removed the old plugin "script-fu.exe from "C:\Arquivos de programas\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins". I put the new plugin there. I openned theGimp. The menus FX-Foundry and Script-fu disappeared again.

I'm not sure what might be happening, Carlos.

What version of Windows are you using?

What version of GIMP are you using?

Are you using the 32bit plug-in or the 64bit plug-in?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:55 pm  (#159) 
GimpChat Member

I'm using the 32bit plugin.
My OS: Windows XP.
Gimp versiom: 2.8.10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 pm  (#160) 
GimpChat Founder

Carlos, MareroQ said there might be some problems with the 32 bit version but most users aren't having any problems.

Can you run gimp from a command prompt to see of there are any messages that might give us a clue as to what is happening?

Perhaps the fact that I've applied the updated code to the latest version of script-fu-interface.c is causing problems with GIMP 2.8.10 on some machines. You are the first who has reported problems with the latest script-fu-interface code , but I can take a look into that possibility.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next