It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:17 pm  (#161) 
GimpChat Member

Sometimes it helps - you have to delete the "pluginrc" file (in ~ user/.gimp-2.8) and restart Gimp.
Gimp will reload ALL available plug-ins.

Slava
Ukraini!

Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:10 pm  (#162) 
Script Coder

It works for me on Windows XP with GIMP 2.8.2, although I did have to add extras to the test script to require the scrollbars out of the box:
Attachment:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 13.58 KiB | Viewed 1192 times ]

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:21 pm  (#163) 
Script Coder

Script-fu.exe is a system plugin and should only be added to your system files
The new script-fu.exe should be add to the system/plugins folder overwriting the old script-fu.exe
if you wish to save the old script-fu.exe copy and paste it out of gimp for the time being
changing the name of the old script-fu.exe file and keeping it in gimp may not work

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:43 am  (#164) 
GimpChat Member

I thought that as well, but as GnuTux pointed out it does not matter, the version in your profile takes precedence.

I did this all-in-one screenshot yesterday but paynejk came up with his working winXP.

This one is WinXPsp3, Gimp 2.8.4, the 32 bit replacement script-fu.exe in .\gimp-2.8\plug-ins, some of the old scripts that have been reissued for 2.8 and a standard gimp script (glossy) with a long-ish dialog.

I also wrote to a log but no more info there than on the screenshot.

I think more information needed from Carlos as to his installation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:02 am  (#165) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you all. Unfortunately, I do not understand how "to run gimp from the command prompt."
These things make me confused and I'm afraid of ruining my beloved Gimp which is working so well.
Let's wait for other communications. Maybe it's a problem of my own.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:30 am  (#166) 
Global Moderator

@ MareroQ
Everything seems to be working fine.
Dialogue i couldn't see before I can now scroll down to.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:49 am  (#167) 
Global Moderator

@Carlos... Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Command Prompt.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:53 am  (#168) 
GimpChat Founder

Carlos Diniz wrote:
Thank you all. Unfortunately, I do not understand how "to run gimp from the command prompt."
These things make me confused and I'm afraid of ruining my beloved Gimp wich is working so well.

You won't ruin gimp by running it from the command prompt. Just do the following.

1) Copy the new script-fu.exe into your user plug-ins folder (where you normally place plug-ins)
2) Open a command prompt: Click Start, Run, Type cmd and press enter
3) Enter gimp-2.8 and press enter

Then, just copy and paste any message that appear back to this thread so we can take a look.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:53 am  (#169) 
GimpChat Member

after reading this whole thread, the thought occurs to me, will all of this work with OSX?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 am  (#170) 
GimpChat Founder

It should work just fine, if you can find someone with a MAC development environment to compile it. Partha would probably be a good choice. He’s a member here, but I haven’t seen him on lately. You could send him an email and ask. If you can get your hands on a MAC binary, I’ll be happy to host it here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:32 pm  (#171) 
Script Coder

GnuTux wrote:
Carlos Diniz wrote:
These things make me confused and I'm afraid of ruining my beloved Gimp wich is working so well.

You won't ruin gimp by running it from the command prompt. Just do the following.

1) Copy the new script-fu.exe into your user plug-ins folder (where you normally place plug-ins)
2) Open a command prompt: Click Start, Run, Type cmd and press enter
3) Enter gimp-2.8 and press enter

Then, just copy and paste any message that appear back to this thread so we can take a look.

GnuTux you did not mention what should be done with the old script-fu.exe and isn't it best to place the updated script-fu.exe
in the system folder, where it belongs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:56 pm  (#172) 
GimpChat Founder

Graechan wrote:
GnuTux you did not mention what should be done with the old script-fu.exe and isn't it best to place the updated script-fu.exe in the system folder,
where it belongs

I mentioned GIMP's behavior in this post. For duplicate plug-ins, GIMP will use the first one it encounters in the search path and ignore any duplicates it finds afterward.

As paynekj pointed out, that's not case with scripts. If there are duplicate scripts in the search path, GIMP will use bits and pieces of the first one and last one it encounters, which is a clearly a bug.

I suggested that Carlos place the new plug-in in his user plug-ins folder, so he can simply remove it, if he continues to have the problem of certain menu items disappearing. I was hoping he could run GIMP from the command line, so we could see any errors that were generated during start up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:58 am  (#173) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you all for trying to solve my problem. I need to undergo eye surgery to reduce my intraocular pressure next week. I'm no time to follow the procedures you suggested. I do not know how long well not be able to view my UI. When I re-enabled, I get in touch with you and we reopen the discussion.
There is a small chance of losing vision. I'm a little anxious.
As soon as I can see my display, I will give news.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:10 am  (#174) 
Global Moderator

Sorry to hear that Carlos. With the remarkable discoveries they have made over the years, it is amazing what they can do.
I wish you well and back to us soon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:43 am  (#175) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks, Molly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:55 pm  (#176) 
GimpChat Member

Carlos - I also wish you well and back to us soon.

New file - for further testing for Win 32 bit
(with a full build Gimp 2.8.10 by science http://www.aljacom.com/~gimp/divers.html).

Attachments:
Script-fu-interface-Mod-Official-Release-V1_NEW_Win_x32 bit.zip [71.63 KiB]
Downloaded 119 times

Slava
Ukraini!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:59 pm  (#177) 
GimpChat Member

Good luck with the eye surgery, we all will be pulling for a great result.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:17 am  (#178) 
GimpChat Member

Awesome plug in. Have a few questions though. With this exe in the plug ins folder, I get this pop up with my Avast:

Then it goes to this:

Not a huge deal I guess, but I wish it wouldn't do that, haha.

Also, it sometimes shuts down. I get this:

And lastly, not that I care what it looks like per se, but why does this exe look different than my other exe's in the plug ins folder? Just curious. Thanks.

BTW, sometimes when I start GIMP, it does none of these things, but that's rare. I take that back, I always get the Avast deal. I'm sure there's a setting to allow that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:01 am  (#179) 
Script Coder

Warrior the answer to your inquiries is conjoined
Avast is a funny fella so I got rid of it (maybe Avast thinks this file is in the wrong place or duplicated)
as for the different icon try looking in Lib/gimp/2.0/plugins and you will get your answer
(it's because it's a default gimp application file and not a added plugin)

Last edited by Graechan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:42 am  (#180) 
GimpChat Member

Help.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit and running Gimp 12.8.10

Ok, so I have copied and pasted the file to this location /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

When I open Gimp via the terminal I am getting this error

(gimp:3883): Gimp-Widgets-CRITICAL **: gimp_device_info_set_device: assertion `(info->device == NULL && GDK_IS_DEVICE (device)) || (GDK_IS_DEVICE (info->device) && device == NULL)' failed

Previously I had run this command "sudo apt-get autoremove appmenu-gtk appmenu-gtk3 appmenu-qt" to disable the Global Menu Feature, so I tried reinstalling but still seem to have made no difference.

Edit....
Ok, so I've found the scroll bars, I have to open the window to full screen before they appear, in a minimised window view they don't show.

Thanks

Hearty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next