It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:30 am  (#181) 
GimpChat Member

The Warrior wrote:
Awesome plug in. Have a few questions though. With this exe in the plug ins folder, I get this pop up with my Avast:

[ Image ]

Then it goes to this:

[ Image ]

Not a huge deal I guess, but I wish it wouldn't do that, haha.

Also, it sometimes shuts down. I get this:

[ Image ]

And lastly, not that I care what it looks like per se, but why does this exe look different than my other exe's in the plug ins folder? Just curious. Thanks.

[ Image ]

BTW, sometimes when I start GIMP, it does none of these things, but that's rare. I take that back, I always get the Avast deal. I'm sure there's a setting to allow that.

If in doubt, you can check on https://www.virustotal.com

Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Interface Scrolling Modification V1.0 Official Release
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:01 am  (#182) 
GimpChat Founder

Carlos Diniz wrote:
I need to undergo eye surgery to reduce my intraocular pressure next week. I'm no time to follow the procedures you suggested.There is a small chance of losing vision.

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.

The Warrior wrote:
Awesome plug in. Have a few questions though. With this exe in the plug ins folder, I get this pop up with my Avast:

Seems Avast does this to any app they are not aware of. You can read more about this "feature" on their blog..

https://blog.avast.com/2012/03/20/autos ... noying-me/

he4rty wrote:
When I open Gimp via the terminal I am getting this error

(gimp:3883): Gimp-Widgets-CRITICAL **: gimp_device_info_set_device: assertion `(info->device == NULL && GDK_IS_DEVICE (device)) || (GDK_IS_DEVICE (info->device) && device == NULL)' failed

Previously I had run this command "sudo apt-get autoremove appmenu-gtk appmenu-gtk3 appmenu-qt" to disable the Global Menu Feature, so I tried reinstalling but still seem to have made no difference.

Are you saying that you get message, only when using this new plug-in, or is this message there without it?

he4rty wrote:
Ok, so I've found the scroll bars, I have to open the window to full screen before they appear, in a minimised window view they don't show.

This sounds like normal behavior. The scroll bars should only appear when you need them. When you grab the corner of the dialog and make it smaller, you should see the scroll bars, as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:00 am  (#183) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks. I was able to turn Sandbox off, within Avast. No problems at all since then.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:50 am  (#184) 
GimpChat Member

Today I checked the new build for 32 bit - on XP - with Gimp version 2.8.3, 2.8.7 and 2.8.10 - now (by me) finally works (the previous version did not work for every XP - I do not know why - but I suppose that for plugins system - you need a full compile Gimp).

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:53 am  (#185) 
GimpChat Member

Script-fu .exe interface scrolling is working well on Windows XP 32 bit.
Thanks MareroQ, GnuTux and everyone who helped me.

Attachments:
Script-fu interface scrolling.png
Script-fu interface scrolling.png [ 27.63 KiB | Viewed 1755 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:01 am  (#186) 
Global Moderator

Cool, glad you got it working Carlos.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:23 am  (#187) 
GimpChat Member

Did no one reports problems ?

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 pm  (#188) 
GimpChat Founder

Carlos Diniz wrote:
Script-fu .exe interface scrolling is working well on Windows XP 32 bit.

:bigthup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:27 pm  (#189) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ wrote:
Today I checked the new build for 32 bit - on XP - with Gimp version 2.8.3, 2.8.7 and 2.8.10 - now (by me) finally works (the previous version did not work for every XP - I do not know why - but I suppose that for plugins system - you need a full compile Gimp).

It was a bad idea to compile version 2.9, but this is just my opinion. Script-fu.exe crashes when I turn on the console script-fu, second version works perfectly.
MareroQ could you to check my plug-in 32-bits.

Attachments:
script-fu.exe_win32.zip [62.55 KiB]
Downloaded 71 times

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:23 pm  (#190) 
GimpChat Member

Pogo - You have a right again.
Windows is a whimsical.
And so a good result - better late than never
For 64-bit compiled the entire Gimp - only script-fu?
ps. Serdeczne gratulacje za szybkość prawidłowego rozwiązania !

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:41 am  (#191) 
GimpChat Member

Ok, I reinstalled Gimp to 2.8.10 and the scroll application doesn't work. how and where do I add it/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:54 am  (#192) 
Script Coder

Mackenzieh please refresh my memory first
What operating system are you using (e.g. Windows 64bit) and which gimp version are you using (e.g. 2.8)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:06 am  (#193) 
GimpChat Member

Graechan wrote:
Mackenzieh please refresh my memory first
What operating system are you using (e.g. Windows 64bit) and which gimp version are you using (e.g. 2.8)

I'm using windows 7 64 bit and the version of gimp I'm using is the latest one 2.8.10.. at least I think that's the latest version.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:27 am  (#194) 
Script Coder

search for lib/gimp/2.0/plugins/script-fu.exe and copy and paste it somewhere outside of gimp
then copy and paste the modified win64bit script-fu.exe into your lib/gimp/2.0/plugins folder,replacing the existing script-fu.exe
restart gimp and your new script-fu.exe will be functional

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:43 am  (#195) 
GimpChat Member

Graechan wrote:
search for lib/gimp/2.0/plugins/script-fu.exe and copy and paste it somewhere outside of gimp
then copy and paste the modified win64bit script-fu.exe into your lib/gimp/2.0/plugins folder,replacing the existing script-fu.exe
restart gimp and your new script-fu.exe will be functional

I only see the interface file.. not the file. The one I downloaded was script fu interface c... when I unzipped it, I only saw that file.. I didn't see the script-fu.exe file.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:12 am  (#196) 
Script Coder

There should be a plugin script-fu.exe file unless you downloaded the wrong one
this is the right file Win X64
just delete the 'c' file it's only the plugin we want

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:16 am  (#197) 
GimpChat Founder

You can just copy the script-fu.exe into your standard plug-ins folder (where you put all your other plug-ins) and it will be used instead the one in lib/gimp/2.0/plugins. In this case, it's actually OK to have both. GIMP will just use the first one it finds.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:56 pm  (#198) 
Global Moderator

I just gave this Gimp mod a go, it works flawlessly (Ubuntu 13.10, Gimp 2.8.6 & 2.8.10, user plug-ins folder).

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 pm  (#199) 
GimpChat Member

THis works great on my pc, anyone know if either version will work on OSX?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:55 pm  (#200) 
GimpChat Founder

Looks great, Odin! :bigthup

@2-ton - Partha didn't provide a compiled version of the scrolling Script-Fu interface for MAC. He did state that he would include it in the next version of McGIMP. I think GIMP 2.8.12 is slated to be released soon.

In Linux, Alt-Click will allow the user to drag the window around. Is there a way to do this on a MAC? Perhaps a 3rd party utility? If not, you can still run the script by clicking in a numeric entry field pressing enter. You might not be able to access those last few options, but they are for generating custom emaps and don't change much anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next