It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mathmap and 2.8
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 pm  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

PhotoComix, just a heads up... I've been wanting to upgraded to 2.8.10 and I did that. I decided to try installing Mathmap one more time and followed the instructions. Good news, I no longer have that error. Bad news, I now have another one and it still won't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 pm  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

This is the error.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 pm  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

The only way to actually avoid this conflict may be to store GMIC and it's dll files in one folder and MathMap and its dll files in another. Separate them all so there are no conflicts. I am not sure why there is a conflict in the first place. I am using windows 32 bit and have GMIC and MathMap dll files all in the plug-ins folder and all works fine for me.
The problem could be the mix of 32 and 64 bit dll files?

Try separating them both as i mentioned above and directing Edit>Preferences>Folders>Plug-ins for those two folders with two separate plug-ins PATHS for GIMP. Restart GIMP.
See if that works.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:51 pm  (#24) 
Script Coder

I have never had a problem with MathMap, but I always keep it with all it's dll's in a separate folder .gimp-2.8/plugins/MathMap
I do the same with Gmic, then I set my plugins folder in preferences to see the new folders (MathMap and G'mic)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:26 am  (#25) 
GimpChat Member

Rellik419
Just a suggestion - no file intl.dll.
Is your system does not show the details of the error?

Mackenzieh
There are two types of files:
1 *. mm
2 *. mmc (math map composer) - as for me - I can open these files only if you start Mathmap (not the menu Gimp)

Attachments:
mmc.png
mmc.png [ 198.32 KiB | Viewed 1394 times ]

Slava
Ukraini!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 am  (#26) 
GimpChat Member

Graechan wrote:
I have never had a problem with MathMap, but I always keep it with all it's dll's in a separate folder .gimp-2.8/plugins/MathMap
I do the same with Gmic, then I set my plugins folder in preferences to see the new folders (MathMap and G'mic)

My dlls are in a separate folder. They are located .gimp-2.8/plugins/plugins/mathmap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 am  (#27) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ wrote:
Rellik419
Just a suggestion - no file intl.dll.
Is your system does not show the details of the error?

Mackenzieh
There are two types of files:
1 *. mm
2 *. mmc (math map composer) - as for me - I can open these files only if you start Mathmap (not the menu Gimp)

Thanks, MareoQ. I tried your way and it works. I opened up the files only through Mathmap. I still find it weird that, that is how it works.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:06 am  (#28) 
GimpChat Member

Why is it that the mathmap filters work through the gimp menu and the math map composer filters don't? Shouldn't they all be able to work through the gimp menu?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 am  (#29) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
Why is it that the mathmap filters work through the gimp menu and the math map composer filters don't? Shouldn't they all be able to work through the gimp menu?

I always avoid that menu because open only a limited version of MM interface
You may check from yourself, if you go to Filters> Generic>MathMap> Mathmap you may access to all MM filters, try several different filters , even edit filters on the fly

But all the other item in MM menu to me are only a disturbance , often somebody report some bug regarding this missing menu , i would like have a similar bug because i found that menu misleading and superfluous.

So honestly i don't know what suggest to add filters in that menu, because from that menu instead i would like remove EVERYTHING except Mathmap>Mathmap.

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 am  (#30) 
GimpChat Member

PhotoComix wrote:
Quote:

I always avoid that menu because open only a limited version of MM interface
You may check from yourself, if you go to Filters> Generic>MathMap> Mathmap you may access to all MM filters, try several different filters , even edit filters on the fly

But all the other item in MM menu to me are only a disturbance , often somebody report some bug regarding this missing menu , i would like have a similar bug because i found that menu misleading and superfluous.

So honestly i don't know what suggest to add filters in that menu, because from that menu instead i would like remove EVERYTHING except Mathmap>Mathmap.

I guess I'll keep it the way I have it set up, I just find it weird that I have two ways to access mathmap. I'll get used to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:12 am  (#31) 
GimpChat Member

yes a bit weird but again there is only a good way and is the most hidden , it is at the very bottom of MM menu and is Filters>Generic>Mathmap>mathmap , the only that may access to all filters and the full interface

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:32 am  (#32) 
GimpChat Member

PhotoComix wrote:
yes a bit weird but again there is only a good way and is the most hidden , it is at the very bottom of MM menu and is Filters>Generic>Mathmap>mathmap , the only that may access to all filters and the full interface

I figured that out. :) I guess 2 ways is better than none. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:41 am  (#33) 
Script Coder

mackenzieh wrote:

You can install your composer filters to the menu but it takes a little bit of finagling.

1. Create your filter in the Composer tab. If you want to edit it later, then save it in the Composer tab (this saves the Composer source code of your filter with a .mmc extension).
  2. Switch to the Expression tab.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and find a line that starts with "filter __composer_filter__".
  4. Modify the "__composer_filter__" to be a unique name. This name will appear as the title of the filter's box in the Composer builder (should you later decide to combine this filter with other filters). It does not matter what the name is, but no two filters can share the same name.
  5. Save the file using the buttons at the bottom of the Expression tab (this saves the C source code of your filter). The name of your file (without the .mm extension) will be the name of the menu command.
  6. Exit GIMP. (GIMP does not provide a way to refresh plug-ins.)
  7. Delete your ~/.gimp-2.8/pluginrc file. GIMP uses this file to avoid having to load plug-ins at startup, however, this file doesn't get updated by Mathmap so by deleting the file, we force GIMP to load the changes you've made.

You can now open GIMP and your filter should appear at the bottom of the MathMap menu.
Attachment:
SSmathmap.png
SSmathmap.png [ 14.91 KiB | Viewed 1021 times ]

Last edited by saulgoode on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:05 am  (#34) 
GimpChat Member

saulgoode wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:

You can install your composer filters to the menu but it takes a little bit of finagling.

1. Create your filter in the Composer tab. If you want to edit it later, then save it in the Composer tab (this saves the source code of your filter with a .mmc extension).
  2. Switch to the Expression tab.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and find a line that starts with "filter __composer_filter__".
  4. Modify the "__composer_filter__" to be a unique name. This name will appear as the title of the filter's box in the Composer builder (should you later decide to combine this filter with other filters). It does not matter what the name is, but no two filters can share the same name.
  5. Save the file using the buttons at the bottom of the Expression tab (this saves the compiled code of your filter). The name of your file (without the .mm extension) will be the name of the menu command.
  6. Exit GIMP. (GIMP does not provide a way to refresh plug-ins.)
  7. Delete your ~/.gimp-2.8/pluginrc file. GIMP uses this file to avoid having to load plug-ins at startup, however, this file doesn't get updated by Mathmap so by deleting the file, we force GIMP to load the changes you've made.

You can now open GIMP and your filter should appear at the bottom of the MathMap menu.
Attachment:
SSmathmap.png

That's interesting.