It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: GC Lens-Flare
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:12 am  (#41) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
Wallace wrote:
Graechan wrote:
Molly Light in my plane of existence usually travels straight, but I don't know about yours :rofl

Not necessarily so Graechan.
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Very good information Wallace.
In my initial question, I asked why can I not make the light go the same angle I made the path, the answer I got is that light travels in straight lines.
For now, all I want to know is why doesn't the script follow the path I made? If it doesn't, then there is no need to make a path... or is this just another stupid question?

The script needs a path or selection to follow for it to function. If it's run without a path, then you would have to use a selection. The script will give errors otherwise and not function if there isn't either a path or selection to follow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 am  (#42) 
Global Moderator

I made a path for a diagonal ray but it still went horizontal, like it showed in my screen shot. I do know they travel horizontally in real life but I was asking why it didn't follow my diagonal path.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:42 am  (#43) 
Administrator

molly wrote:
I made a path for a diagonal ray but it still went horizontal, like it showed in my screen shot. I do know they travel horizontally in real life but I was asking why it didn't follow my diagonal path.
Oh, yes I see... I don't know why that is Molly. :puzzled

I guess you could always rotate it however you like, if you wanted to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:21 pm  (#44) 
GimpChat Member

I don't understand. If you create a diagonal path the script should create a diagonal flare.
It doesn't work for me either. I had to rotate the layer. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:35 pm  (#45) 
GimpChat Member

Another cool addition would be if you could actually use Iwarp with in the script. Maybe have the script call Iwarp so you can play with the center area? That works really well. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:54 pm  (#46) 
Global Moderator

Yes, I could do that Wallace but why make a path if it isn't going to follow it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:01 pm  (#47) 
GimpChat Member

I added this line of code to the script at line #326 to call Iwarp interactively. :)
It works real well for making the center of the flare larger and adding extra beams of light in random order to make it look realistic.

(plug-in-iwarp RUN-INTERACTIVE image hFlare-layer)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 pm  (#48) 
Global Moderator

Cool Rod, thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23 pm  (#49) 
GimpChat Member

molly wrote:
Cool Rod, thanks

Your welcome Molly. It won't solve the rotation problem but you can do some cool stuff with it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:20 pm  (#50) 
Administrator

Rod wrote:
I added this line of code to the script at line #326 to call Iwarp interactively. :)
It works real well for making the center of the flare larger and adding extra beams of light in random order to make it look realistic.

(plug-in-iwarp RUN-INTERACTIVE image hFlare-layer)

If I wanted to be able to use this feature, do I just add the code to line 326 of the script?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:33 pm  (#51) 
Global Moderator

sounds like that would work to me. I might try it too. I just tried it and the iwap screen came up but it wouldn't let me do anything with it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:14 pm  (#52) 
Administrator

molly wrote:
sounds like that would work to me. I might try it too. I just tried it and the iwap screen came up but it wouldn't let me do anything with it.

There seems to be more to this than meets the eye. If things were that simple, we'd all be coders. :hehe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:36 pm  (#53) 
Script Coder

While the cats asleep the mice have played, in the code I deliberately made the beams horizontal because that's the way I've always observed them

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:24 pm  (#54) 
Script Coder

To make the centre flash larger simply increase 'Flash Size' and 'Glow Size', 'Glow opacity' will make it brighter
The algorithm I used for the Flares was
'x1,y2→x2,y2' and 'x2,y2→x3,y2'
not
'x1,y1→x2,y2' and 'x2,y2→x3,y3'
this was done deliberately to keep the flares horizontal
But the flare was left on a separate layer for users to adjust with Rotate or Iwarp as they see fit, this should have satisfied everyone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:43 pm  (#55) 
Administrator

Graechan wrote:
To make the centre flash larger simply increase 'Flash Size' and 'Glow Size', 'Glow opacity' will make it brighter
not
But the flare was left on a separate layer for users to adjust with Rotate or Iwarp as they see fit, this should have satisfied everyone

:tyspin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:02 pm  (#56) 
Script Coder

Your welcome Wallace, when creating the script I had to decide on how the flares should look and then implement that into the script, but at the end I also thought it was appropriate to have the entire flare on a separate layer below is an excellent example of uses for this lens flare by Charlie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:12 am  (#57) 
GimpChat Member

Graechan wrote:
not

Sorry Graechan. I didn't mean to say your script needed Iwarp. I just like to add my own tidbits to some scripts that seem to benefit from it. Sometimes i share. Your script is excellent as is. :)
Sorry if i offended anyone.
Wallace - Adding that line of code at the line # i stated will cause Iwarp to pop up at the very end of the script before undo so it can be undone with the rest of the steps. Molly it should work if it pops up. I don't know what that means if it isn't allowing you to edit the flare layer with it. Did you select all>copy>paste it in the correct spot? Did you redo because that would not work either.

Graechan is there a way to edit the script so the path will be kept?
I figured it out. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:36 am  (#58) 
Administrator

Rod wrote:
Wallace - Adding that line of code at the line # i stated will cause Iwarp to pop up at the very end of the script before undo so it can be undone with the rest of the steps.

Cool, thanks Rod. :bigthup

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:38 am  (#59) 
GimpChat Member

Molly did you edit the preview in Iwarp? That will cause the ok button and other buttons to become available.You have to use one of the Iwarp effects to make them available.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:44 am  (#60) 
GimpChat Member

It is too bad Iwarp doesn't have a rotation function. That would be perfect. I have tried to add rotation to the script but have failed all three times.

Graechan why isn't it possible to add rotation by path with three points as reference? Couldn't you use the second point as center reference for rotation around that node?
script-fu-rotate-by-path doesn't work either. Plug-in-rotate causes the flare to rotate by only increments of 90 degrees so it isn't really viable or adjustable for custom rotations. Also there doesn't seem to be a interactive option in PDB for path rotation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next