It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gluas
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:44 am  (#41) 
Retired Staff

What does it do? I ran an image through it and it looks just like it did before I ran it.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:58 am  (#42) 
GimpChat Member

It gives it sort of an effect of being painted.Try more iterations O. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 pm  (#43) 
GimpChat Member

The best thing in Gluas is the ability to see the current effects of the change in parameters (F5 - Run a test render).
Of course, there are no such possibilities as GMIC - but these scripts are easier to modify than the scm or py.
In Linux (Ubuntu Natta, Gimp 2.7.2, Gluas 0.1.19) everything runs faster than Windows.

Surely you realized that in addition to Gluas - in a package all-plug-ins.zip [54 + 3 new]
[<http://www.geocities.jp/gimproject/gimp2.0.html>]
it is also a lot of other interesting ?
For example:
bilateral.exe [Filters / Enhance / Denoise];
dcamnoise2-0.64.exe [Filters / Enhance];
formulas.exe [Filters / Render];
intelligum.exe [Filters / Misc];
article-deposition.exe [Filters / Render / Nature];
refocus-it.exe [Filters / Enhance];
turing-pattern.exe [Filters / Render / Pattern]
variable-blur.exe [Filters / Blur].
Although some very old - but maybe some of the unique worth a separate thread?

Attachments:
Click there.png
Click there.png [ 14.61 KiB | Viewed 2555 times ]

Slava
Ukraini!
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 pm  (#44) 
GimpChat Member

I don't get the point, you are not able to see the changing of parameters in G'MIC ? Most of the effects in the plug-in has an updated preview window.
Saying that you cannot see the changes of the parameter really sounds weird to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 pm  (#45) 
GimpChat Member

My gut is telling me that he means the preset preview doesn't necessarily reflect what the actual result is David, but again, I'm just guessing. :)

Psalm 109:8

Last edited by lylejk on Tue May 31, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm  (#46) 
GimpChat Member

Nothing compares to the GMIC! It is the best! There is no competitive !
I just wanted to compare the view script Gluas to the typical *.scm or *.py.

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm  (#47) 
GimpChat Member

No, I didn't want to be aggressive in any way, sorry for that.
I'm just wondering what you wanted to mean. My impression is that the difference between Gluas and G'MIC is that you have a code editor in Gluas, which means you can change your code dynamically, and see what is happening on the preview window.
The only way to do it in G'MIC is to use the filter 'Various/Custom Command', but this is not a real code editor, since you can just enter a one line command directly from the plug-in GUI.
I preferred to let the user choose its preferred text editor to create custom .gmic files instead, and I'm a bit perplex about having a built-in text editor in a GIMP plug-in. But maybe I misunderstood what Gluas does, in fact I've not tested it so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:29 pm  (#48) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
I preferred to let the user choose its preferred text editor to create custom .gmic files instead, and I'm a bit perplex about having a built-in text editor in a GIMP plug-in. But maybe I misunderstood what Gluas does, in fact I've not tested it so far.

I used often mathmap that has a editor included , very simple. quite basic and i found very handy
More exactly i found handy the possibility to see, edit and test on the fly a code, and even save it directly .

I don't want push you to add complication but if you found a "basic editor" module, as that used in mathmap, that may be integrated with no much fiddling,...well would be a nice surprise.

I fear that the utility may be not too clear for who use mainly Gmic from command line, but for who use the plugin would be quite different, ....and from my selfish point of view will do my attemps at coding quicker and more fun.

Again i dare to suggest only because i believe are editor module ready to be adapted/integrated (the simpler, the better ) without need to create something new and speciphic...

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:01 pm  (#49) 
GimpChat Member

I'm not convinced. Why just not creating your file with your favorite editor, update it in the plug-in (i.e. simply click a 'Update' button), and see the effect of your modifications ? That is how I'm designing all the G'MIC filters, and I'm glad I can use Emacs to do that, instead of any other text editor out there. I'm thousand times faster with Emacs (a text editor I've been using for more than 10 years), that with any other editor.

All 'integrated text editors' in programming platforms I've seen so far always become too much limited when one really want to do serious stuffs. Considering that integrating a text editor in a plug-in would be a *huge* amount of work, I'm really not sure it would worth the time spend on it (regarding the fact that there is a currently working solution that is already performant).

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:04 pm  (#50) 
GimpChat Member

If would be a huge amount of work better avoid it is really better let everything as now

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:22 pm  (#51) 
GimpChat Member

Do the Glaus scripts work for Gimp 2.10.22 when on windows 10? If they do, where do they go? I ask because the files don't have extensions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:06 am  (#52) 
GimpChat Member

Just tested (haven't done so since 2012 but had the plugin already in my GIMP Plugins folder). It still works but again, G'MIC does everything I need so haven't used it since I originally posted this thread, mackenzieh. If you place the gluas plugin into your GIMP's plugin folder, it will be located in the Generics folder by the way. As for presets, it needs to be a folder where GIMP can locate (so no hidden folders apparently). :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:29 pm  (#53) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Just tested (haven't done so since 2012 but had the plugin already in my GIMP Plugins folder). It still works but again, G'MIC does everything I need so haven't used it since I originally posted this thread, mackenzieh. If you place the gluas plugin into your GIMP's plugin folder, it will be located in the Generics folder by the way. As for presets, it needs to be a folder where GIMP can locate (so no hidden folders apparently). :)

I'll try it again, Lyle and see if it works. The folder I had, contained the exe file and the binaries for 32 and 64 bit. I asked about the scripts file because MareroQ posted it, so I downloaded that one too. The scripts don't have a file extension, so do they work? the scripts are here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1847&start=10 (post #10) Where can I download gluas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:40 am  (#54) 
GimpChat Member

Yes; the scripts do not have an extention, mackenzieh; they are just simple text files, though. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:08 pm  (#55) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Yes; the scripts do not have an extention, mackenzieh; they are just simple text files, though. :)

Got it. :) The scripts work. You just have to place them somewhere on your desktop or in the gimp scripts folder and choose a script. I'll probably place the gluas folder in the gimp scripts one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:15 pm  (#56) 
GimpChat Member

The filters work. I tested them all. Here are examples of the filters I could see:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:24 pm  (#57) 
GimpChat Member

Indeed, not all the presets for Guas will work per the discussions at the beginning of this thread. Still, many do and glad you got it to work, mackenzieh. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:09 am  (#58) 
GimpChat Member

I like the plugin. I think it can be useful.