It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ML Bevel Reflect Plug-in V2.0 (MAC OS X Plug-in Now Available)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:25 pm  (#51) 
Script Coder

2Ton one thing I noticed when I looked at patha's 64bit is that it didn't have a 32 folder maybe you should check yours

Post subject: Re: ML Bevel Reflect Plug-in V2.0 (MAC OS X Plug-in Now Available)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:59 pm  (#52) 
GimpChat Member

What is a 32 folder used for?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:33 pm  (#53) 
Script Coder

The 32 Folder contains everything you need to run 32bit plugins mainly and a lot of plugins are only available in 32bit (MathMap to name one)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:35 am  (#54) 
GimpChat Founder

2-ton wrote:
is this a full plug in, will this be all I need to run the whole bevel reflect logo package or do I still need to put the scm file into script folder?

This is just the ML Bevel Reflect Plug-in. You will still need to install the Bevel Reflect Logo script.

Partha mentioned that he would be adding this plug-in to his upcoming McGIMP 2.8.12 release and will include the new scrolling script-fu interface, as well. :bigthup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:48 am  (#55) 
Script Coder

Thats Good News GnuTux and I hope other compilers do same as it's a necessary patch and probably saves the users from having to do it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:50 am  (#56) 
GimpChat Member

Got it all sorted on the PC, now it's time to get it all good on the mac. I put the ML plug-in into my users plug-ins folder, and I do have the script for the bevel reflect and it is accessed via the file>create>logo(gimpchat), but this is what I get, so I am sure I either need to fix something or move something.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 am  (#57) 
GimpChat Founder

Did you install Bevel Reflect Logo V1.5?

There is no reference to "plug-in-mlbevelreflect" in version 1.5 of the script.

V1.5 references "plug-in-mlbevelreflect2", which is what you are using.

Can you see ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 on the menu under Filters/Map?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:47 pm  (#58) 
GimpChat Member

I do not see Bevel Reflect under filters>map, so I probably don't have the new version. I am going to delete what I have and download the new one. Wish me luck!

*replaced it and I think it's working now as the window had gotten much longer. So long, in fact, that I cannot use it because I don't have the script-fu with scrolling for OSX. I don't suppose the linux version would work or that there is an OSX compile anywhere. I sure do wish I know how to compile, but I don't even really know what it is to compile.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:23 am  (#59) 
GimpChat Member

i'm having problems with the update on ml bevel reflect. i have tried both the one from graechan's windows 32bit zip and the on in the windows 32bit zip on gimp scripts. i deleted the old one before i put in the new. with the one from graechan's zip, if i opened it in filters - map - ml bevel reflect it would open the dialog box but then just work on something and show the spinning wheel symbol until i had had enough after five minutes and closed gimp down. that happened all three attempts i made with that file.

using the file from the other zip i didn't even find the plug-in in the usual place at filters - map - ml bevel reflect.

i have the new version of the bevel reflect logo script and tried that script with both versions of the plug-in as well. in both cases i got the message that this script would only work if i had the ml bevel reflect plug-in and the reference to where i could download it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:43 am  (#60) 
Global Moderator

Did you try Pogos AnMal? gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?p=130685#p130685

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:18 am  (#61) 
GimpChat Founder

AnMal wrote:
i'm having problems with the update on ml bevel reflect. .. if i opened it in filters - map - ml bevel reflect it would open the dialog box but then just work on something and show the spinning wheel symbol until i had had enough after five minutes and closed gimp down. that happened all three attempts i made with that file.

Not sure what might be happening, but as a test, you can use this image..

Load the above test image, open ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 from Filters/Map menu. If all is well, it should work fine using a normal map. It will say ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 at the top, if you have the right one installed.

Once that has been tested, you should be able to install Bevel Reflect Logo V1.5 into your scripts folder.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 pm  (#62) 
GimpChat Member

Is there any way to avoid these lines when running the script?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm  (#63) 
GimpChat Founder

The issue with the lines was corrected in V1.3 of the Bevel Reflect Logo Script. Because of that, the problem was never addressed in the actual plugin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 pm  (#64) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian wrote:
Is there any way to avoid these lines when running the script?
[ Image ]

Silly me, layer to image size does it. Sorry Tux it was the layer boundary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:24 pm  (#65) 
Global Moderator

Pretty text Eris. If you want to eliminate some of the jagged lines, Tux posted this fix about a week ago. Here it is here.
Just do an alpha to selection on the text, shrink by the amount of stroke you want, then run Bevel Reflect Logo, which will automatically create a copy of the original text and place it just below. All you need do then is make the copy of the original text layer visible and color it to match the BRL'd text (or whatever color you want the stroke to be). That pretty much eliminates any aliased edges caused by the plug-in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:26 pm  (#66) 
GimpChat Founder

Erisian wrote:
it was the layer boundary.

Yes, you have to compensate for that before running the strand alone plug-in. That issue, along with several others, have been addressed in the script, so you don't have to worry about it. The BRL script is far and away best way to leverage this plug-in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:35 pm  (#67) 
GimpChat Member

It's a great script and plugin. Thank you, and thank you Molly for giving me the aliasing fix.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:37 pm  (#68) 
Global Moderator

Oooh that looks better Eris, I really like it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:43 pm  (#69) 
GimpChat Member

molly wrote:
Oooh that looks better Eris, I really like it.

Thank you Molly. I'll probably shrink it and use it as a sig. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:19 pm  (#70) 
GimpChat Member

Gnu Tux: i really have no idea what goes wrong. i deleted the files and installed the plug-in and script again. this time i got the gimp scripts version (not the one graechan posted, that still gave me the same result) to work when i ran it alone. trying to use the bevel reflect logo script i still got the same error message, that this script only works together with the plug-in. i can of course use the plug-in as it is and do any necessary tweaks manually, but the script makes things so quick and easy.

erisian: nice job on the sig, i think it looks great :)! i really like how the hobbiton font looked bevel reflected as well.du är så bra...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next