It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GEGL Equal Pie slices plugin
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:29 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Download Windows and Linux binaries and code here.
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/Gimp_Plu ... r/releases

Render Equal Pie Slices with this Gimp plugin. Three pieces if the minumum and twelve is the max. Users have the option to grow, rotate and recolor the divider. Please note, in default this plugin is a four cornered structure that is non-pie like. Rotating and adding dividers makes it looks like pie.
This should NOT be confused with a "pie chart" plugin as all pie slices are equal and cannot be made unequal.

Example of the plugin in action below

Plugin

Manual work with plugin

End Result

Another Preview of the plugin

LOCATION TO PUT BINARIES (.so or .dll) they do not go in the normal plugins folder.

Windows

C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\gegl-0.4\plug-ins

Linux
/home/(USERNAME)/.local/share/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Linux (Flatpak includes Chromebook)

/home/(USERNAME)/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/data/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

[b]

Then Restart Gimp and go to GEGL Operations to find the plugins. Its name is "Pie Divider"
If you use Gimp 2.99.16+ you will find them in the menu under filters>render>fun
This is only in the menu of 2.99.16+, 2.10 users go to GEGL Operations and look for "Pie Divider". I choose to put all my rendering plugins under fun, though it might be changed to something else soon if more people complain.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: GEGL Equal Pie slices plugin
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:25 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

:wow Wowww, now you are able to do filter to draw lines.
Does it mean, if you continue on this path, will you be able to do triangle, square, hexagon, pentagon, stars, circle, etc... and so on?

Because that would be a "revolution" in the GIMP software, that's the thing that all beginners are complaining, or people coming from the other software, that GIMP does not have tool to made shapes in just a click/tool/filter visible directly on the canvas...

A question about that "Equal Pi", why do you limit the number of lines to 12?
15 or 30 would be a better number for limitation, because with a 12 limitation it will be hard to do everything in relation with 360 degrees (for example 45 or 90 degrees), 15 on the other hand is just fine as a minimum, a bit like the Ctrl+Shift when drawing, it does 15 degrees constrain ;)
Symmetry Paint limit at 100 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:18 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

PixLab wrote:
:wow Wowww, now you are able to do filter to draw lines.
Does it mean, if you continue on this path, will you be able to do triangle, square, hexagon, pentagon, stars, circle, etc... and so on?

Because that would be a "revolution" in the GIMP software, that's the thing that all beginners are complaining, or people coming from the other software, that GIMP does not have tool to made shapes in just a click/tool/filter visible directly on the canvas...

A question about that "Equal Pi", why do you limit the number of lines to 12?
15 or 30 would be a better number for limitation, because with a 12 limitation it will be hard to do everything in relation with 360 degrees (for example 45 or 90 degrees), 15 on the other hand is just fine as a minimum, a bit like the Ctrl+Shift when drawing, it does 15 degrees constrain ;)
Symmetry Paint limit at 100 :mrgreen:

I'm sorry to disappoint but this plugin is based on Gimp's Kaleidoscope filter with 12 being the limit of blind segments. Everything internally this plugin is limited Kaleidoscope AKA gegl:mirrors. I think what you want is possible but it would involve a mathematician and c programmers help.

I will study more to see if I can get GEGL to make separators. Though I am doubtful. It would have to be based on an existing filter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:15 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

contrast_ wrote:
I'm sorry to disappoint but this plugin is based on Gimp's Kaleidoscope filter with 12 being the limit of blind segments. Everything internally this plugin is limited Kaleidoscope AKA gegl:mirrors. I think what you want is possible but it would involve a mathematician and c programmers help.

I will study more to see if I can get GEGL to make separators. Though I am doubtful. It would have to be based on an existing filter.

Ohhh Ok, now I understand as I had to use the Kaleidoscope to draw some shapes :bigthup
On a side note, I need to get back to it, it's a very interesting tool a bit complex, but can gives very good results/surprises. Thank you for the reminder of this filter :)
In all cases, thank you so much for all what you are doing :tyspin

Attachment:
screenshot_20230831-111312.jpg
screenshot_20230831-111312.jpg [ 231.55 KiB | Viewed 6911 times ]

Attachment:
screenshot_20230831-112110.jpg
screenshot_20230831-112110.jpg [ 170.33 KiB | Viewed 6911 times ]

Attachment:
screenshot_20230831-112639.jpg
screenshot_20230831-112639.jpg [ 170.33 KiB | Viewed 6903 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:48 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

PixLab wrote:
contrast_ wrote:

Ohhh Ok, now I understand as I had to use the Kaleidoscope to draw some shapes :bigthup
On a side note, I need to get back to it, it's a very interesting tool a bit complex, but can gives very good results/surprises. Thank you for the reminder of this filter :)
In all cases, thank you so much for all what you are doing :tyspin

Attachment:
screenshot_20230831-111312.jpg

Attachment:
screenshot_20230831-112110.jpg

Attachment:
screenshot_20230831-112639.jpg

I can easily make a filter that renders shapes like that. It can also include a drop down list to choose between triangle, star, octagon. ect... based on that and a outline checkbox. Want me to do it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:50 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

contrast_ wrote:
I can easily make a filter that renders shapes like that. It can also include a drop down list to choose between triangle, star, octagon. ect... based on that and a outline checkbox. Want me to do it?

May I say Yeees! :coolthup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:57 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

src  aux=[  color value=#ffffff ]  crop

gegl:mirrors
m-angle=0
r-angle=90
n-segs=3
c-x=0.5
c-y=0.5
o-x=-0.155
o-y=1
trim-x=0
trim-y=0
input-scale=89.25
output-scale=1
clip=yes
warp=no

lb:threshold-alpha

invert-transparency
color-overlay value=#0bff00

dropshadow opacity=2 x=0 y=0 radius=0 grow-radius=6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:59 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

PixLab wrote:
contrast_ wrote:

May I say Yeees! :coolthup

okay, just know it is impossible for all the shapes to be the same size. I'll do my best though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:15 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Wow screenshots look super :coolthup
:tyspin

Out of context: I saw "invert-transparency" in the code, I was not aware that GEGL can invert opaque <> Transparency...
I don't recall how many times, I saw this question in forums or reddit, or whatnot, that is something that would be a big plus+ in GIMP like in the menu Layers > Transparency > Invert IMO, this will simplify a lot of thing. I'm thinking to make a feature request to the GIMP team...

Quote:
okay, just know it is impossible for all the shapes to be the same size. I'll do my best though.

No worries it will be what it will be ;) anyway take all your time :coolthup
Again thank you so much contrast_ :tyspin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:56 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

PixLab wrote:
Wow screenshots look super :coolthup
:tyspin

Out of context: I saw "invert-transparency" in the code, I was not aware that GEGL can invert opaque <> Transparency...
I don't recall how many times, I saw this question in forums or reddit, or whatnot, that is something that would be a big plus+ in GIMP like in the menu Layers > Transparency > Invert IMO, this will simplify a lot of thing. I'm thinking to make a feature request to the GIMP team...

Quote:

No worries it will be what it will be ;) anyway take all your time :coolthup
Again thank you so much contrast_ :tyspin

invert transparency is a plugin of mine that ships with cutout
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Cut ... t/releases

You have thanked me several times and you are welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:17 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Patrice,
I assume you are enjoying also G'MIC/Samj/Draw a Polygon with many options.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:49 am  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Diego,

dinasset wrote:
Patrice,
I assume you are enjoying also G'MIC/Samj/Draw a Polygon with many options.

Shame on me, I forgot about it. :oops: :oops:
The thing is I draw all my polygons, stars, etc... with the symmetry paint as it takes only 2 clicks, it's straight forward.

In all cases, thanks for the reminder, a quick play with it ;)
Attachment:
Untitled54.png
Untitled54.png [ 77.55 KiB | Viewed 6726 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:33 am  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

contrast_ wrote:
invert transparency is a plugin of mine that ships with cutout
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Cut ... t/releases

You have thanked me several times and you are welcome.

Ah, yes!
Indeed, I did not pay attention, invert transparency is in the GEGL operation, very nice, and it respect the level of transparency/opacity :clap
Do you mind if I make a feature request to the GIMP team to include it officially in GIMP?