It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:55 am

Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Script-Fu Scrolling Interface V1.1 For GIMP 2.8.14
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:22 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Founder

Due to the addition of several updates to the Script-Fu Interface in GIMP 2.8.14, the Scrolling Interface Modification required updating, as well.

Note: This update is for GIMP Version 2.8.14 only. Use Version 1.0 for previously released GIMP 2.8.x versions. If you have upgraded to GIMP V2.8.14, you will need to install this version of the Script-Fu Scrolling Interface.

If you have upgraded from GIMP V2.8.x to GIMP V2.8.14, please replace the old script-fu binary in your plug-ins folder with this one.

Thanks!

Script-Fu Scrolling Modification V1.1 For Windows_x64 | Windows_x32 - Kudos To Pogogogo for compiling.

Attached below is the source code, along with 64bit & 32bit Linux binaries, which were compiled under Fedora 20. These binaries should also work with most other Linux distributions running GIMP 2.8.14. Also, attached is Partha's 64bit binary for MAC OSX.

Attachments:
File comment: Script-Fu Scrolling Interface V1.1 MAC x64
Script-Fu-Scrollng-InterfaceV1.1-For-GIMP-2.8.14-MAC_x64.zip [66.28 KiB]
Downloaded 321 times
File comment: Script-Fu Scrolling Interface V1.1 Linux x64
SF-Scrolling-InterfaceV1.1-For-GIMP-2.8.14-Linux_x64.zip [223.35 KiB]
Downloaded 414 times
File comment: Script-Fu Scrolling Interface V1.1 Linux x32
SF-Scrolling-InterfaceV1.1-For-GIMP-2.8.14-Linux_x32.zip [215.16 KiB]
Downloaded 304 times
File comment: Script-Fu Scrolling Interface V1.1 Source Code
SF-Scrolling-InterfaceV1.1-For-GIMP-2.8.14-Source.zip [6.45 KiB]
Downloaded 431 times

Post subject: Re: Script-Fu Scrolling Interface V1.1 For GIMP 2.8.14
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:25 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Just when I got my 2.8.10 all sorted out too. Can't stand in the way of progress though.
Thanks Tux. :bigthup

My YouTube Channel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:54 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Founder

Well, the code to allow for a scrolling interface didn't change but there were several updates to the Script-Fu plug-in itself in the V2.8.14 release. For those who are using GIMP 2.8.14, I highly recommend using V1.1 of the scrolling interface.

Hopefully, someone will provide Windows 64bit & 32bit binaries for this modification. :cool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:44 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

SF-Scrolling-InterfaceV1.1-For-GIMP-2.8.14-Windows_x64,Done.:)
Tested Gimp 2.8.14 Win7 64-bit

Attachments:
SF-Scrolling-InterfaceV1.1-For-GIMP-2.8.14-Win_x64.zip [76.32 KiB]
Downloaded 1145 times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:51 pm  (#5) 
Global Moderator

Just my experience, as I didn't know about the script-fu update in Gimp 2.8.12/14.

On first launch of 2.8.12 I noticed the script-fu error in the console. The error was 'Skipping duplicate plug-in'. Renamed to script-fu.old, the next launch error was "Removing duplicate PDB procedure'. Removed (.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) script-fu, no errors, everything seems to work as it should. Very nice addition!

No issues so far (Ubuntu 14.04, 32bit).

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:54 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Founder

Thank you so much, pogogogo!

Post subject: Re: GIMP 2.8.12 Released (BROKEN) - GIMP 2.8.14 Released
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:06 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Founder

Odinbc wrote:
On first launch of 2.8.12 I noticed the script-fu error in the console. The error was 'Skipping duplicate plug-in'. Renamed to script-fu.old, the next launch error was "Removing duplicate PDB procedure'. Removed (.gimp-2.8/plug-ins) script-fu, no errors, everything seems to work as it should. Very nice addition!

The warning "Skipping duplicate plug-in" is perfectly normal when you add the scrolling interface to your plug-ins folder. GIMP will use the first plug-in it encounters, which in this case is the script-fu binary containing the the scrolling modification you placed in the user plug-ins folder.

If for some reason you don't want to see this warning, you would need to replace the existing script-fu binary in the global plug-ins folder with the scrolling script-fu binary. This will replace the original script-fu binary so I think it's better to just place the scrolling script-fu interface in the user plug-ins folder and simply ignore the duplicate message, which is only a harmless warning that you have two of the same plug-in installed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:10 pm  (#8) 
Global Moderator

What are the best scripts to test?
G'MIC has the scrollbar without this script-fu in 2.8.14.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 pm  (#9) 
Global Moderator

GnuTux wrote:
The warning "Skipping duplicate plug-in" is perfectly normal when you add the scrolling interface to your plug-ins folder. GIMP will use the first plug-in it encounters, which in this case is the script-fu binary containing the the scrolling modification you placed in the user plug-ins folder
Isn't Gimp skipping script-fu in .gimp-2.8/plug-ins?
console message wrote:
Skipping duplicate plug-in: '/home/odinbc/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/script-fu'
This is the same message with either script-fu v1 and v1.1.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:52 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Founder

Odinbc wrote:
GnuTux wrote:
The warning "Skipping duplicate plug-in" is perfectly normal when you add the scrolling interface to your plug-ins folder. GIMP will use the first plug-in it encounters, which in this case is the script-fu binary containing the the scrolling modification you placed in the user plug-ins folder
Isn't Gimp skipping script-fu in .gimp-2.8/plug-ins?

I remember testing this at one point and I believe it looked for plug-ins based on the order you have specified in Edit/Preferences/Folders/Plug-ins.

Mine displays this message: Skipping duplicate plug-in: '/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu'

In most cases, the default would be .gimp-2.8/plug-ins but since the order can be changed, I thought to best to be more precise.

Odinbc wrote:
console message wrote:
Skipping duplicate plug-in: '/home/odinbc/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/script-fu'
This is the same message with either script-fu v1 and v1.1.

Well, it looks like you might have your global folder listed before your user folder. If that is the case, you'll need to reverse the order, or remove the script-fu binary from the global folder, or replace the script-fu binary in your global folder with the scrolling mod.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next