It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GIMP newbie here: MathMap does not have the filters (e.g. blur)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:55 am  (#1) 

I downloaded the latest GIMP (2.8.14) and MathMap (1.3.5). MathMap seems to be installed ok, in that it exists under Filters>Generic>MathMap, and it will launch when selected. But the associated filters are not present (e.g. blur, colors, combine).

The only thing I could find in a google search on this was: (link removed because of spam filter) which says to change the directory from "C:\Users\your name\.gimp-2.6" to "C:\Users\your name\.gimp-2.8"

Right now GIMP is in C:\program files\GIMP 2
MathMap is in C:\Users\Mike\gimp-2.8

I'm not sure if this is a version compatibility problem and/or if I have the wrong path (where are those filters supposed to be found)?

Any ideas?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: GIMP newbie here: MathMap does not have the filters (e.g. blur)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:19 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Try this. There are several threads here on installing MathMap extras.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4558

Post subject: Re: GIMP newbie here: MathMap does not have the filters (e.g. blur)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:38 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Mike K wrote:
I downloaded the latest GIMP (2.8.14) and MathMap (1.3.5). MathMap seems to be installed ok, in that it exists under Filters>Generic>MathMap, and it will launch when selected. But the associated filters are not present (e.g. blur, colors, combine).

The only thing I could find in a google search on this was: (link removed because of spam filter) which says to change the directory from "C:\Users\your name\.gimp-2.6" to "C:\Users\your name\.gimp-2.8"

Right now GIMP is in C:\program files\GIMP 2
MathMap is in C:\Users\Mike\gimp-2.8

I'm not sure if this is a version compatibility problem and/or if I have the wrong path (where are those filters supposed to be found)?

Any ideas?

The official Mathmap installer installs to .gimp-2.6 by default. Check to see if it created that directory when it installed (YourUserName/.gimp-2.6/mathmap) . If it did the mathmap folder needs to be moved to the YourUserName/.gimp-2.8 folder and it should work after that.
Restart GIMP to confirm.