It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A script to interweave blocks of layers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:42 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I wrote this script to aid in making animated gifs. To give an idea how it works, the image below (left) shows 3 blocks of .xcf files after loading as layers, and right shows their layer positions after running the script.

For the script to work correctly the user first needs to “Open as layers” a number of blocks, each of the blocks must contain the same number of layers. The script is then run with the user entering the number of blocks when prompted.

If the user enters a number that will divide into the total number of layers (in the example 15) with no remainder the script will run. In the example 3 (blocks) will give the correct outcome, 5 will run but give the wrong result, any other number exit’s the script after setting the foreground square to red, if I didn‘t exit it would crash.

Script here
Attachment:
re-order-layers.scm [1.7 KiB]
Downloaded 142 times

Placed at Layer > Stack > Re-order layers

The practise .xcf file here (the 3 .xcf blocks preloaded together)
Attachment:
Blue Green Red 1-5.xcf [29.21 KiB]
Downloaded 124 times

Any comments/critique on code or its performance welcome, always looking to learn and improve

Steve

Attachments:
3 blocks of 5 layers.png
3 blocks of 5 layers.png [ 24.85 KiB | Viewed 1829 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati