It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GIMP Image Auto-Align Plug-in. I just don't get how it works. Help?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:23 pm  (#1) 

Dammit Jim, I'm a photographer not a computer expert! I have tried to use GIMP's Auto-Image-Alignment plug-in and everything's there but I just do not get how it works! I have 100 pictures of our garden in different seasons, all taken from the same exact spot, but subtle shifts in the camera placement make the animated version of these images too jittery to watch. I was hoping the auto-align plug-in for GIMP would solve my problems, but I just do not get how it works. I've been tring for like three weeks now. Can some kind soul PUH-LEEZE just write down the steps for how you would align and crop and save, say, 100 similar but slightly misaligned photos?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: GIMP Image Auto-Align Plug-in. I just don't get how it works. He
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:24 pm  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
If all the images are the same size and taken from the exact same position (with slight variations), it may be the way the animation is set up that's causing the jitters.
Have you tried using a slow Fade-in and Fade-out transition effect for each image?