It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is there a keyboard shortcut to Filters > Script-Fu > Refresh Scripts
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:10 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Or can the

Filters > Script-Fu > Refresh Scripts

be repositioned to place the Refresh Scripts on the main menu

I ask as when developing scripts I tend to test after every other line of code, which necessitates clicking Filters, scrolling down to Script-Fu, scrolling across to Refresh Scripts and then clicking. It’s the one minor niggle in my script writing workflow.

TIA Steve

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut to Filters > Script-Fu > Refresh Scri
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:26 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

There is no default shortcut, but you can assign one yourself:
Edit > Preferences > Interface > Configure Keyboard Shortcuts... (search for "refresh")

Post subject: Re: Is there a keyboard shortcut to Filters > Script-Fu > Refresh Scri
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:23 am  (#3) 
Script Coder

Another option is to tear off the "Filters->Script-fu" submenu and position it in a convenient location.

Attachment:
SStearoff-sf.png
SStearoff-sf.png [ 103.59 KiB | Viewed 4577 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

jontait2 wrote:
There is no default shortcut, but you can assign one yourself:
Edit > Preferences > Interface > Configure Keyboard Shortcuts... (search for "refresh")

Thank you jontait2 :bigthup that’s brilliant, I’ve set Refresh Scripts to a one key shortcut, it will streamline my workflow

I’ve only ventured into the preferences for a quick look see and never altered any settings, always wary of upsetting the status quo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:42 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

saulgoode wrote:
Another option is to tear off the "Filters->Script-fu" submenu and position it in a convenient location.

Attachment:
SStearoff-sf.png

Thank you saulgoode

but how do you tear off the "Filters->Script-fu" ?, perhaps its obvious but i don't see it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:51 am  (#6) 
Script Coder

Steve wrote:
but how do you tear off the "Filters->Script-fu" ?, perhaps its obvious but i don't see it

Invoke the main menu by either right-clicking in the image window or by clicking on the context menu button in the upper-left corner (where the two rulers meet). As you navigate the menus, each one will have a dashed line at its top. Clicking on the dashed line will "tear off" the submenu and present it in its own dedicated window.

Attachment:
SStearoff.png
SStearoff.png [ 68.78 KiB | Viewed 4566 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:06 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

saulgoode wrote:
Steve wrote:

Invoke the main menu by either right-clicking in the image window or by clicking on the context menu button in the upper-left corner (where the two rulers meet). As you navigate the menus, each one will have a dashed line at its top. Clicking on the dashed line will "tear off" the submenu and present it in its own dedicated window.

Attachment:
SStearoff.png

Got it :) , thank you saulgoode