It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aaknes guide-labe extended
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:24 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hallo,
Have a look at the UI (as it is now on 23. oct):
Attachment:
UI_23oct.jpg
UI_23oct.jpg [ 164.43 KiB | Viewed 1955 times ]

The guide-lab opened my eyes how nice gtk works with Gimp.

1. I missed one thing: to create more then 2 guides at once and I have it now as you can see it in the line: several guides (at once) ;)
2. The UI can or can not be on top of all windows (now)
3. The guides to path is builtin too (a bit changed from the one uploaded here)
4. The Ui, can, if you like, stroke a path and if you want delete it too after having stroked.
5. The intersection of guides intrigued me much, so I added to create selections around those intersections, width en height as well as ellipse or rectangle.

If you think it is worthwhile to upload the here, I have a mini problem, do not know what the copyrights allow and what not. Though I think it will not heart ;) .
Please comment ...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Aaknes guide-labe extended
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:41 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

PKHG wrote:
Hallo,
Have a look at the UI (as it is now on 23. oct):
Attachment:
UI_23oct.jpg

The guide-lab opened my eyes how nice gtk works with Gimp.

1. I missed one thing: to create more then 2 guides at once and I have it now as you can see it in the line: several guides (at once) ;)
2. The UI can or can not be on top of all windows (now)
3. The guides to path is builtin too (a bit changed from the one uploaded here)
4. The Ui, can, if you like, stroke a path and if you want delete it too after having stroked.
5. The intersection of guides intrigued me much, so I added to create selections around those intersections, width en height as well as ellipse or rectangle.

If you think it is worthwhile to upload the here, I have a mini problem, do not know what the copyrights allow and what not. Though I think it will not heart ;) .
Please comment ...

If you have updated the script to allow for path stroke on the guides just add that in the version and copyrights area of the registration block. The script is already General Public License i believe. So re editing it to allow for more functions is fine. As long as you don't take all the credit.