It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Label Arrows From Path (.py script) ...featuring Bruce Lee Parts
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:57 pm  (#1) 
Script Coder

This script spawned from this post --> mahvin's request for another Golden Wilbur
Release #1.
Attachment:
label_arrows_from_path.zip [5.85 KiB]
Downloaded 581 times

Menu location:

Options:

Instructions: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Have an active path that defines your arrow(s).

Run Script -> result. (You'll get 3 layers, an arrows layer, a circle fill layer, and a numbers layer)

Note: This script is a stand-alone script. It has a copy of Ofnuts arrowheads code internally and does not depend on Ofnuts arrowheads .py script.

If ya find this script useful, you can thank Ofnuts, without his code I don't know how i'd hack the arrow heads (it's a little more complex and I think i would make it really messy) :hehe

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Label Arrows From Path (.py script) ...featuring Bruce Lee Parts
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:10 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Excellent! I actually tested it out on a small tutorial on my website. Good job, Tin!

Post subject: Re: Label Arrows From Path (.py script) ...featuring Bruce Lee Parts
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:04 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Does the direction of the arrows come from the order of the path nodes?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:26 pm  (#4) 
Script Coder

2-ton wrote:
Does the direction of the arrows come from the order of the path nodes?

Yep.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:26 pm  (#5) 
Script Coder

mahvin wrote:
Excellent! I actually tested it out on a small tutorial on my website. Good job, Tin!

I still want that Golden Wilbur! :hehe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:30 pm  (#6) 
Global Moderator

The Golden Wilbur, most coveted prize in the GIMP world. ;) I'll see that you get them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:35 pm  (#7) 
Script Coder

As I accept the the Golden Wilbur:
"I'd like to thank mahvin for coming up with the idea of this script. I'd like to thank fellow script coders like Ofnuts for his code. Without it this wouldn't happen. I'd like to thank Happy Smiling Big Belly Buddha! I'd like to thank The Lord, I'd like to thank my parents, ..." keeps on thanking people.
"And last but not least .. I'd like to thank Gimp Chat forum"
:hehe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 pm  (#8) 
Script Coder

downloads/views rate = 9/99 = 0.09
9%
almost double the interest as the "Select guides surrounding path points script"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 am  (#9) 
Script Coder

trandoductin wrote:
As I accept the the Golden Wilbur:
"I'd like to thank mahvin for coming up with the idea of this script. I'd like to thank fellow script coders like Ofnuts for his code. Without it this wouldn't happen. I'd like to thank Happy Smiling Big Belly Buddha! I'd like to thank The Lord, I'd like to thank my parents, ..." keeps on thanking people.
"And last but not least .. I'd like to thank Gimp Chat forum"
:hehe

Given the code, I want a 50% share on the prize :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:19 am  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Interesting script.
A request or perhaps a challenge? Will you add the ability to use words within different shapes? :)
Also when i used a closed path it actually created a circle on the last node added and stroked the path but no arrow head. I just thought that was interesting to note. Makes for a different type of pointer at the end of the label.

Robs path label script in (Scheme) allows the user to add words at different node points. Just thinking if you used your words to shapes filter and add the path nodes to label arrows. What would that look like? :)

One more suggestion is to add all your current and future PATH filters to the <vectors> menu so a user could open them from the paths layers. It just seems like the proper place for them to be.

Thanks for the new script sir! :clap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:50 am  (#11) 
Script Coder

ofnuts wrote:
Given the code, I want a 50% share on the prize :)

I'll gladly share 50% of the prize. I think it's worth like a gazillion dollars.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:55 am  (#12) 
Script Coder

Rod wrote:
Interesting script.
A request or perhaps a challenge? Will you add the ability to use words within different shapes? :)
Also when i used a closed path it actually created a circle on the last node added and stroked the path but no arrow head. I just thought that was interesting to note. Makes for a different type of pointer at the end of the label.

[ Image ]

Robs path label script in (Scheme) allows the user to add words at different node points. Just thinking if you used your words to shapes filter and add the path nodes to label arrows. What would that look like? :)
[ Image ]

One more suggestion is to add all your current and future PATH filters to the <vectors> menu so a user could open them from the paths layers. It just seems like the proper place for them to be.

Thanks for the new script sir! :clap

That's too hard of a challenge, I don't know how to fit words into different shapes.
As for menu change, if i put with vectors, it would see off since other ofnuts paths tools seem to generate other paths, this one doesn't generate paths. If you really want you can change that yourself.
I think the script is pretty good right now as is for labeling key points for tutorials.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:39 pm  (#13) 
Script Coder

I just created my own "Golden Wilbur"
for my forum icon. hehe

Last edited by trandoductin on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:09 pm  (#14) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
trandoductin wrote:
I just created my own "Golden Wilbur"
for my forum icon. hehe
[ Image ]

I like your "Golden Wilbur" icon. :bigthup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:35 pm  (#15) 
Script Coder

yeah i added it as a smiley too just for kicks..
I wonder if anyone wants to volunteer (since i can't pay anything :oops: ) to design fun smilies for my forum?
here's one i did Image his eyes move

Last edited by trandoductin on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:18 pm  (#16) 
Global Moderator

I haven't forgotten your Golden Wilber! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:29 am  (#17) 

cool and great. It's really useful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:04 am  (#18) 
GimpChat Member

I'll try this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:37 pm  (#19) 
Script Coder

Could you give a thought to providing a text output as per image below

Last edited by Graechan on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:17 am  (#20) 
GimpChat Member

Graechan wrote:
Could you give a thought to providing a text output as per image below
[ Image ]

That is a great idea Graechan. I hope it can be added. Though i have not seen Tran around for a bit.