It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Custom-Font-XCF-Files
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:00 pm  (#41) 
GimpChat Member

Ok this one took quite a while (2 days) :lol BUT here is a sample of the font. I call it "Nuts-N-Bolts"

I still need to fix the baseline. Which brings me to a new request TRAN! I know you have the code set to see a horizontal path and set the text according to that. BUT what about a path NODE to set the baseline? Is that possible? You wouldn't want to set it for say lower case y for example so it would be nice to just add a node to those layers that need the baseline corrected.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:14 pm  (#42) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Rod wrote:
Ok this one took quite a while (2 days) :lol BUT here is a sample of the font. I call it "Nuts-N-Bolts"

I still need to fix the baseline. Which brings me to a new request TRAN! I know you have the code set to see a horizontal path and set the text according to that. BUT what about a path NODE to set the baseline? Is that possible? You wouldn't want to set it for say lower case y for example so it would be nice to just add a node to those layers that need the baseline corrected.

Very cool Rod.
:bigthup

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:19 pm  (#43) 
Script Coder

the script was super badly written it's really hard to look at it. :hehe
when you define your letters, think about how all other letters of the alphabet fit into layer's size.
so the letter a for example should have some empty space at bottom so that the y can take of the bottom.
i only did the path layer to define width and placement of character horizontally because the letters might have decorations hangout on the left/right hand side... any other decorations that might change the height of the letter will have to be considered like the letter y situation when designing the font. then line spacing can be used so quish lines together.

EDIT: I think i can use the same path that's named for example "y.png" to define both the width (currently does this) and now just make it a diagonal line to define height... but i'll break all the previous fonts that has paths defined that just have a horizontal line it'll think that the characters are 0 pixels or some super short character if i add this code. hmmm.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:02 pm  (#44) 
GimpChat Member

Wallace wrote:
Very cool Rod.
:bigthup

Thank you Wallace.

@ Tran - i suppose the fix lies in the user NOT merging the layers so they can be aligned manually. I have tried everything but alas this is the best i can do. I did resize all layers to image size.

Letter spacing set to - " -250"

Letter spacing set to - " -250"

Letter spacing set to - "0"

Seems like the same trouble we had with Photofont all over again. None of the letters space exactly even. Adjusting kerning doesn't seem to work either.

Well i uploaded it here (20MB) if anyone wants to check it out. :bigthup
download link
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rods-c ... les/files/

Last edited by Rod on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:16 pm  (#45) 
GimpChat Member

This is Letter Spacing set to - "-400"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:53 pm  (#46) 
GimpChat Member

Actually i can create PHF files with or without embedded images so it just makes a separate directory of the image png files. :) So i will most likely redo all the current PHF files to XCF font format.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:42 pm  (#47) 
GimpChat Member

For instance... This was converted from PHF to XCF. :bigthup
Author of the font images - http://mediamilitia.com/shattered-3d-font-free/

"Shattered" 218 MB size file. VERY high res all caps only.

download link

Last edited by Rod on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:43 pm  (#48) 
Script Coder

That last font is SICK :yes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:47 pm  (#49) 
Script Coder

For the letters you can define a path with same name as layer and draw a two point horizontal line to tell it where the letter is and it ll use that info instead of layer width the script already does this if a path is defined for whatever letter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:40 pm  (#50) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:
For the letters you can define a path with same name as layer and draw a two point horizontal line to tell it where the letter is and it ll use that info instead of layer width the script already does this if a path is defined for whatever letter

I tried this already and it doesn't seem to work with the nuts and bolts font. I created a path same name as layer g.png and placed a path node set smack in the center of the g and the exact width and it still won't cuddle next to any other letters "abcdef g" for example.

If you think that font is sick you should see the complete version of the font.

Here is a letter R in full res. :hehe Go ahead click the R its HUUUUGE!! :lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:43 pm  (#51) 
GimpChat Member

I have all the PHF files in image sets and will begin adding them here soon. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:49 pm  (#52) 
GimpChat Member

Wallace Pipes

Download here

That s and r just don't like me :lol I got the size down though!

Last edited by Rod on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:05 am  (#53) 
GimpChat Member

Believe i fixed the r and s now please re download and test.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:13 am  (#54) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Rod wrote:
Believe i fixed the r and s now please re download and test.

You did it again Rod.
:jumpclap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:58 am  (#55) 
Script Coder

love that shattered, I got a thing for polygons too.
That font would be so sick on a large billboard because of all the details. :cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:28 am  (#56) 
GimpChat Member

Wow Rod, that was fast! Rod to the rescue!!!!!! I'm glad you did because it was going slowly for me as I have never done this before. I might still try just to see if I can do it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:39 am  (#57) 
GimpChat Member

Just catching up with this topic - after a couple of weeks of work on my own project - and will probably take me a week at least to get through all this. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Well done to all concerned.

"Let no one steal your dreams."
Paul Cookson

Latest plug-in update: Paragrapher v.1.4
Custom Font Links
Tools
Character Paths
White Bases

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:06 pm  (#58) 
GimpChat Member

Pat625 wrote:
Wow Rod, that was fast! Rod to the rescue!!!!!! I'm glad you did because it was going slowly for me as I have never done this before. I might still try just to see if I can do it.

You should just make one of your own design. :) It was real easy to just open the PHF and export every image in the font. They were all auto named to the name of the glyph so its just a matter of opening the image directory in GIMP, fixing the boundaries and naming the XCF file for use. Oh i did have to add a "space.png" layer also. Some layers had to be re named but no biggy.

Here is Jeans redone to XCF from PHF font file.

download link

I wonder if it is possible to write a python module to open a PHF file in GIMP. Its just xml and base64.

Last edited by Rod on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:29 pm  (#59) 
GimpChat Member

Rod: What script do I need to open a phf file, if I find one I might try? I tried to open one the other day but could not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:34 pm  (#60) 
GimpChat Member

Pat625 wrote:
Rod: What script do I need to open a phf file, if I find one I might try? I tried to open one the other day but could not.

You can open ANY PHF file in Notepad ++ but you cannot open or extract the image files from one without commercial software. It really would be nice to be able to open base64 images in GIMP. "hint ...hint" to Python coders. :hehe

There really are not that many PHF files created so i have no problem converting them all. In fact i already have. Just tidying them up a bit. Then i will post them.

IF you want to create more PHF files for PhotoStart...
You can alternatively use the PHF file i posted here.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3827

This is a PHF file i wrote that will allow you to use NON EMBEDDED base64 image code. You can thus have a directory of images the PHF file calls from. Of course this is if you want to use the PHF file in Photofont Start. Which seems to now be obsolete. :) Thank you Tran!!! :tyspin :clap :yes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next