It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pspi crashing gimp
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:53 am  (#1) 

ImageHi. I am fairly new to Gimp. I started getting this message and I am completely lost on what to do about it. I have tried searching out the answer for a week now lol I'm hoping someone knows what I need to do. This is the message

Hope I uploaded that photo right. Looks weird. Not sure if you need to know this but I am using windows 10 64 bit Thank you

Just found this.(second attachment) I'm guessing I'll have to start all over again because thats crazy. There is no reason to go there unless It has a virus or something because I never install anything over there.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: pspi crashing gimp
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:39 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I can tell you what I did:
-------------------------
1-create a folder under (me)/.gimp-2.8 called "plug-in pspi"
2-inserted into "plug-in pspi" folder the pspi program "pspi.exe"
3-create a folder under (me)/.gimp-2.8 called "Photoshop Plug-ins active"
4-inserted into "Photoshop Plug-ins active" those PS filters which are compatible (not all are)
5-in Gimp menu "/Filters/Photoshop Plug-in Settings..." linked the folder "Photoshop Plug-ins active"
6-launching Gimp I see all the PS filters under the menu "Filters"
7-because I like to keep them separated I edited (using "Notepad++") the file "pspirc" under (me)/.gimp-2.8
replacing "Filters" with "PS-Filters"
8-relaunching Gimp I see a new menu entry "PS-Filters" where all PS filters are now located.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope this can help

edit: I have Windows 10 64-bits as you have

edit2: forgot to mention that the folder "plug-in pspi" must be linked to in Gimp/Preferences/Folders/Plug-ins to let Gimp access it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:06 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I have pspi.exe in my "c://users/rod/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins" folder and it works for me.
Then all my 8bf files are in a folder on my desktop ( FILES\8bf\ then each 8bf in a separate folder. I then set Filters>Photoshop Plugin Settings to point to each sub directory folder in FILES\8bf\.
Screenshots (and they all work).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:11 pm  (#4) 

Thank you. That was really helpful. So much better than starting over ugh. I especially liked the part about using notepad to keep things separate. It is now more organized than it was originally. Love that.