It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my plugin to import a text file to layers, currently alpha version
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

It takes a newline delimited utf-8 file and imports each paragraph to a text layer. Not all options are implemented, but the main functionality has been, what is left to do are the vertical alignment and font/later size shrink/expansion functionality. I will get to that as soon as I finish work on another plugin for automated layer processing. Also simple markdown for the bold, italic, etc... styling is on the todo list for this plugin.

There must be a single line with "=====" between each paragraph, or you can use another delimiter such as empty to separate them by a single blank lines.

Attachments:
File comment: the plugin
import_text.py.zip [3 KiB]
Downloaded 239 times
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: my plugin to import a text file to layers, currently alpha version
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:17 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Works perfectly for me, thanks, great script!
I noticed there was an error if I tried to use a document that included non-Latin characters, but it's not a huge problem.. still works fine with clear parameters :)

Post subject: Re: my plugin to import a text file to layers, currently alpha version
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:15 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

This is good for lyrics, poems and such, can't wait for the updated version!
One thing I was wondering, is it suppose to import each paragraph as separate layer? I got every time one text layer only.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

thanks for the feedback double oh one,

Yeah, if you send ,me a failing sample I will see about fixing the latin character problems. I also noticed a strangeness with some characters. Seems like the utf8 decoding is not doing what I expected.

Last edited by script-dig on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Nidhogg,

Yeah maybe not clear.... if you use an empty delimiter you still need a single blank line between them, in other words that would be two carriage returns:
first bit of text.

second bit of text.
this will be a seperate layer then the first bit.

Also I was lazy to handle \r\n, so I will be fixing that in a later version. I expect I will get to that in the next few days. The "text seperator" field defaults to "=====" which would be:
first bit of text.
=====
second bit of text.
this will be a seperate layer then the first bit.

And yes I have not done intensive testing on this, just for my own purposes so far as it is still at alpha. Once I get the rest of the features in I will do some better testing and documentation.