It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Font Slab v 0.01: An update to JoinedUp Text Filter
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:08 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Pat625 pmed me for some help on using my JoinedUp Text filter so I thought that I would post an update that works on Gimp 2.10.4 (at least for me on Windows 10 Home Ed) downloaded from gimp.org.

Download the folder containing the two items. The Font Slab filter will need adding to your user Plugins folder. See below for tips on using the gimpfu_for_2pt10 file which will need renaming to gimpfu once it is in its correct location.

Attachment:
FontSlab_PythonStuff.zip [35.72 KiB]
Downloaded 202 times

There are two problems to address: The long dialog and the filter crashing because of an apparent bug that affects dialogs that use a colour selector widget in python-fu (at least in 2.10.4 the dialog appears before it crashes for me).

I am currently using a version of JoinedUp Text, ie Font Slab, that has no colour selectors and no personal font specific items in the dialog and as a result the dialog will fit in a display with a height of 1080 px without needing to scroll (I think that I am probably the only one who uses my personal font options in any case). See the screen shot.

Attachment:
FontSlab_scrol_dialog.jpg
FontSlab_scrol_dialog.jpg [ 180.69 KiB | Viewed 3929 times ]

Attachment:
My_Screen.jpg
My_Screen.jpg [ 708.9 KiB | Viewed 3929 times ]

I am also using a modified version of gimpfu that works as per Jazzon's solution - the original Gimp 2.10 gimpfu with Jazzon's extra lines added. Jazzon's original posting used a version of gimpfu that worked well with versions before 2.10. I have posted that if it helps - just follow Jazzon's original instructions for copying it over to your system your. Just remember to make a copy of the original version in case things go wrong.

On Windows home ed the default location for gimpfu should be C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\lib\gimp\2.0\python but I cannot say what the location should be for SamJ's versions or other systems.

Hope this helps...

"Let no one steal your dreams."
Paul Cookson

Latest plug-in update: Paragrapher v.1.4
Custom Font Links
Tools
Character Paths
White Bases

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati