It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FX Foundry
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I really liked using FX Foundry for gimp in 2.6. I wish it was updated for 2.10. Went as far as to ask the GIMP developers on social media if it was possible to update it for 2.10.. they said it was possible but not likely for them to do it.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: FX Foundry
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 pm  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
mackenzieh wrote:
I really liked using FX Foundry for gimp in 2.6. I wish it was updated for 2.10. Went as far as to ask the GIMP developers on social media if it was possible to update it for 2.10.. they said it was possible but not likely for them to do it.

You need to ask the original creator.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:41 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Wallace wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:

I would but I'm not sure who the original creator is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:05 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

mackenzieh wrote:
Wallace wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:

I would but I'm not sure who the original creator is.

Hi mackenzieh. You can use the Scripts as long you as modify them with the Constanize plugin. Did you know that Tim from Gimplearn created a plugin that fixes the problem with the 2.10 script and the plugins? There is a lot of filter (scm) in Fx Foundry and if you try to fix them all at once, is going to take you a long time. But every time you want to use any FX Foundry filter, apply the Constanize and after you refresh the script, you can use the filter.

Go and downloaded here: https://gimplearn.net/viewtopic.php/GIM ... gin#p20348

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:30 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Pocholo,
I might try it. I haven't downloaded the script yet. On Tim's board I asked if the script he's created works with FX Foundry.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Mackenzieh.

How do you deal with it?

He has already done a lot Paul Sherman (http://www.gimphelp.org/script210.html#downloads)
He writes on this website:
... The gimpfx-foundry project has built on my first package, made improvements to some and added others . . . but I was put off a bit by their naming convention, the use of a separate menu item for the scripts,...

Gimp FX Foundry contains about 120 scripts - do you have any favorites that do not work in GIMP 2.10 ?

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:19 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ, those are "Script-Fu", I have them and a lot of the still not working.

There is no Batch mode for the Constinize plugin, I asked Tim myself and he game this Idea...
S
o I fixed them myself using Tim "Constanize plugin". To fix all, I copied the scripts (codes) into one file and separated the distance between each codes, I used "Notyepad++". I saved it with a relative name like "Constanized 210", and use Tim's Constanize plugin to do it in a batch. After the file was fixed (each individual script), I Cut and Pasted each code to the respective scripts and was be able to fixed 120 scripts in 15 min.

Now, I don't have FXFaundry, myself. But you can do the same procedure as I did with the "Script-fu" scm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:36 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ wrote:
Hi Mackenzieh.

How do you deal with it?

He has already done a lot Paul Sherman (http://www.gimphelp.org/script210.html#downloads)
He writes on this website:
... The gimpfx-foundry project has built on my first package, made improvements to some and added others . . . but I was put off a bit by their naming convention, the use of a separate menu item for the scripts,...

Gimp FX Foundry contains about 120 scripts - do you have any favorites that do not work in GIMP 2.10 ?

Hi MareroQ,

When I had FX Foundry on GIMP 2.6 & 2.8, I liked them all. When I had upgraded to 2.10, I couldn't use them. I went to Paul's site and I didn't see where the FX Foundry scripts were located. I did download the scripts bundle. Is that where FX Foundry scripts were being housed?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:45 am  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

@mackenzieh
Some fun with these name - you have to look for it...
Example:
by Paul Sherman: name script: 210_sketch_Roy-Lichtenstein.scm; in menu: Script-Fu/Sketch/Roy Lichtenstein
by Gimp FX Foundry: name script: cprogrammer-roy-richtenstein.scm; in menu: FX-Foundry/Photo/Effects/Roy Lichtenstein...

@Pocholo
Your method is faster than mine - step by step. It lasted 30 minutes.
A lot more time is needed for tests after changes and looking for solutions for possible operating errors.
.............................................................................................
Scripts FX Foundry use plugins that no longer exist in Gimp 2.10 (replaced by Gegl filters):
- edge-sobel.exe
- edge-laplace.exe
- blur-motion.exe
- blur-gauss.exe
- blur-gauss-selective.exe

The solution to this problem is to copy these files from the GIMP 2.8 version.
Files 32 bit in the attachment (but I do not have 64 bit - can someone attach them here?).

For obvious reasons, FX Foundry scripts use deprecated procedure.
Gimp 2.10 ignores them, but probably only temporarily - so I tried to update them.
To test in Annex the 15 scripts (13 in the Artistic category, 2 in the Render category).

ps.I do not like script-fu and I prefer to learn PYTHON...

Attachments:
FX Foundry-example.png
FX Foundry-example.png [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 9501 times ]
Plug-ins for FX Foundry-Windows_32bit.zip [98.31 KiB]
Downloaded 243 times
Scripts FX Foundry_GIMP-2.10.zip [33.63 KiB]
Downloaded 440 times

Slava
Ukraini!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Seems to me that FX Foundry is dated and obsolete now. I remember installing the scripts on Gimp 2.8.14 only to delete about 80% of them after trying them out because I had no use for them. I can't imagine the need for such scripts in Gimp 2.10x.

Maybe it's just me....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:24 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ wrote:
@mackenzieh
Some fun with these name - you have to look for it...
Example:
by Paul Sherman: name script: 210_sketch_Roy-Lichtenstein.scm; in menu: Script-Fu/Sketch/Roy Lichtenstein
by Gimp FX Foundry: name script: cprogrammer-roy-richtenstein.scm; in menu: FX-Foundry/Photo/Effects/Roy Lichtenstein...

@Pocholo
Your method is faster than mine - step by step. It lasted 30 minutes.
A lot more time is needed for tests after changes and looking for solutions for possible operating errors.
.............................................................................................
Scripts FX Foundry use plugins that no longer exist in Gimp 2.10 (replaced by Gegl filters):
- edge-sobel.exe
- edge-laplace.exe
- blur-motion.exe
- blur-gauss.exe
- blur-gauss-selective.exe

The solution to this problem is to copy these files from the GIMP 2.8 version.
Files 32 bit in the attachment (but I do not have 64 bit - can someone attach them here?).

For obvious reasons, FX Foundry scripts use deprecated procedure.
Gimp 2.10 ignores them, but probably only temporarily - so I tried to update them.
To test in Annex the 15 scripts (13 in the Artistic category, 2 in the Render category).

ps.I do not like script-fu and I prefer to learn PYTHON...

Thanks MareroQ. Your explanation helped a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:17 pm  (#12) 
Script Coder

Pocholo wrote:
MareroQ, those are "Script-Fu", I have them and a lot of the still not working.

There is no Batch mode for the Constinize plugin, I asked Tim myself and he game this Idea...
S
o I fixed them myself using Tim "Constanize plugin". To fix all, I copied the scripts (codes) into one file and separated the distance between each codes, I used "Notyepad++". I saved it with a relative name like "Constanized 210", and use Tim's Constanize plugin to do it in a batch. After the file was fixed (each individual script), I Cut and Pasted each code to the respective scripts and was be able to fixed 120 scripts in 15 min.

Now, I don't have FXFaundry, myself. But you can do the same procedure as I did with the "Script-fu" scm.

Now, there is batch plug-in (to be used along with gimp10 constantize plug-in) which can be found here -->GIMP10 Constantize Batch Plug-in

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:21 am  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you so much Tim. Thank you for your time creating this plugins. :bigthup

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:14 pm  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

The FX Foundry scripts work, you just have to test them out. I got the FX Foundry filters from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpfx ... 13t7uMvcXs
I then tested them on GIMP 2.10.24 under Windows 10 64 Bit. I have attached the files that work and a screenshot of the ones that failed. I found that a few through errors when in layers. This is what I did, and my way may not work for you. Any way, here is the file and the screenshot. If you're worried about not finding a certain fx foundry script, search gimp. They are there. The ones that are hard to find within gimp are: dracula, shrek text, glass-text, gloss orbs, multi effect, fiery steel, powertone, copy, visible, and paste. A few of those are under Filters>FX Foundry, while the others are under Filters>SV Scripts. The script Vintage Film Effect will throw a warning after it has executed. To get the effect, just flatten the image (whether or not you have checked the box flatten image). Shapes throws errors as well. I kept it anyway because some of those scripts still work..

The screenshot:

Attachments:
FXFoundryWindows10_64Bit.7z [98.47 KiB]
Downloaded 132 times
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:07 am  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

Tested FX Foundry Logo scripts and the one that does not work is: Fiery Steel.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:07 pm  (#16) 
GimpChat Member

Bringing this back to life. Since updating to gimp 2.10.30,

These plugins for FX-Foundry throw errors:

Chrominum doesn't throw an error, it just produces a gray block, with the other layers underneath it when you look at the layers dialogue.

At times, Under Artistic, Lasm's Advanced Line Art would throw this error:

Under Color: Lasm's LAB WoW script, the woodcut option produces 2 layers. A white one, and the image that the plugin worked on and a blank image as the final result.

Also under Color:
RGB Swapscale produces an error and an outcome for each option. This is the first one:

Under Photo Effects, Film Grain only produces two layers in the layers dialogue... there is no result that I can see. Tone Mapping and Soft focus produce 2 layers and very faint results.

There is also an error when running Dynamic Range Extender, when in EnhancementImage

Vintage Fill Effect also throws an error:

Graduated Filter also fails:

The results for Mid-tone sharp image seem faint.

The Box Shape fails:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:01 pm  (#17) 
GimpChat Member

Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to get lasm-gm-channel-extract for gimp 2.10. Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:25 am  (#18) 
GimpChat Member

Hi, I'm Italian too. I would also like to learn how to update old scripts. I tried with Constantize but it didn't solve anything... I don't understand how to do it.
It's a pity that FX-Foundry is not updated...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:45 am  (#19) 
GimpChat Member

I haven't made a list of all the scripts that don't work. However some I have replaced but these I have not found them updated.

conte-draw-tools (box);
lasm-gm-channel-extract;
hall-edge-mask-sharpe...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:14 pm  (#20) 
GimpChat Member

Grazie per il tuo intervento, molto dettagliato. Tuttavia devo imparare molto a riguardo... Sei stato molto gentile.

Thanks for your intervention, very detailed. However I have a lot to learn about it...You have been very kind.