Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Re: Plugin Actions RPL.

Sat May 18, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi Pat625

It is very nice of You for the willingness to help. :hi5
I would like the package to contain 39 standard plugins (according to the list from post # 1) occurring in Gimp 2.8 but (prematurely :geek ) omitted in Gimp 2.10.
This can be labor intensive (choose the correct 39 out of 150 plugins) so if you have no time - or trouble with the computer (I read in another thread), I understand.
The number of downloads of Your previous "mising ... 64bit" attachment confirms the need for other users to download quickly.
I do not know yet which will happen to use in future plugins (but are sometimes necessary in older plugins) - so I would like a comprehensive solution (hence 39 files).

Sun May 19, 2019 9:36 pm

I kept the 2.8 64bit Gimp on a back up external drive when I sent my other computer to be fixed. I can look through that and find the plug-ins that I have, and send them to you. I would not be able to test them until my 64 bit computer returns. I am now working on a 32bit.

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:53 am

Rel 7:

- a small change in the layout/order in the interface (gui) of the plugin;
- added location description in the Gimp menu of additional plugins;
- add for Plugin: LayerFX.py, scripts: Add Bevel,Add Border, Drop Shadow (legacy),Fuzzy Border;
- add for options: Export Layers
The logical "end" to layer processing is to save them. To add this option I used the code from
ofn-export-layers.py by code Ofnuts https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-t ... s/scripts/
The code is implemented with one change - to work with selected layers (Choose layers).

The 64bit plugin package missing here (with Gimp 2.8.22 compiled by Jernej Simoncic for gimp.org) - so i added.

Edit: attachment removed because there is a newer version available

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:54 am

To know how to use export layer, read the Ofnuts doc.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:06 pm

The new version (actually two :cheers ) is available for testing.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:52 pm

What is the plugin used for?

Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:19 am

Hi Mackenzieh.

Do You know Photoshop actions?
This is the 'counterpart' for Gimp. :hehe :mrgreen: :lmao

But now more seriously. :cool
Creating an action with this plugin is not difficult - but requires a bit of work - but you can always use other authors' actions (maybe someone will try).
Actions aren't the most important part of these plugins.
The idea is to combine BIMP, DBP and GAP-Filter all Layers capabilities and add GEGL to them.

Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:48 am

MareroQ wrote:Hi Mackenzieh.

Do You know Photoshop actions?
This is the 'counterpart' for Gimp. :hehe :mrgreen: :lmao

But now more seriously. :cool
Creating an action with this plugin is not difficult - but requires a bit of work - but you can always use other authors' actions (maybe someone will try).
Actions aren't the most important part of these plugins.
The idea is to combine BIMP, DBP and GAP-Filter all Layers capabilities and add GEGL to them.

MareroQ, Yes, I know photoshop actions. :) So, basically, the plugin can handle gimp plugins/scripts, and photoshop actions. In addition to that, this plugin allows you to use actions, scripts, and plugins the user may already have AND it allows the user to create actions. Is that right? On gimpscripts.net, the two versions listed are version 1.0 and 1.1. However, the plugin you attached is version 7. Which plugin is the newest one? I get errors when trying to use this plugin. Can you explain how to use this plugin properly, please?

Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:36 am

Hi Mackenzieh.
Sorry for the late reply
The last one here is ver.7.
New versions (new numbering) based on tabs are only on gimpsripts.net (last one is 1.2)
I will not be writing a tutorial due to my unfamiliarity with the English language. Maybe someone will (someday) help me out.
Thousands of possibilities - are You particularly interested in something?

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:11 am

MareroQ wrote:Hi Mackenzieh.
Sorry for the late reply
The last one here is ver.7.
New versions (new numbering) based on tabs are only on gimpsripts.net (last one is 1.2)
I will not be writing a tutorial due to my unfamiliarity with the English language. Maybe someone will (someday) help me out.
Thousands of possibilities - are You particularly interested in something?

Which version should users download? Version 7, or version 1.2. I don't have a particular interest in anything yet.

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:27 am

Always the newest - that is 1.2.

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:49 am

MareroQ wrote:Always the newest - that is 1.2.

Thanks. I will download it now. :) Where does the actions presets folder go? I ask because the files in the folder are .txt files. The preview should load with Actions RPL, not be a completely different plugin.

Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:54 pm

Text files are examples of saved actions.
They require localization as explained on gimpscripts.net. :yes
Saved presets can be used not only for Actions RPL.py but also for Actions RPL Preview.py and Gimp-Batch.py

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:35 pm

So No Linux and no 64 bit Windows? lol
Post a reply