It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gimp 2.10.38 & 2.99.19 may break all my old GEGL plugins - update here
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:03 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Gimp's team may block all GEGL plugins that use the namespace gegl in the next release. This is the fix before it happens. Other then that over 30 plugins of mine updated so they no longer clip when out of bounds when doing live text editing.

Download 60 something plugins here

Attachment:
windows_binaries_all_gegl_plugins.zip [2.75 MiB]
Downloaded 115 times

Attachment:
linux_binaries_all_gegl_plugins.zip [646.97 KiB]
Downloaded 22 times

Attachment:
code_of_all_GEGL_plugins.zip [810.67 KiB]
Downloaded 15 times

Location to put binaries

Windows
C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\gegl-0.4\plug-ins

Linux
/home/(USERNAME)/.local/share/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Linux (Flatpak includes Chromebook)
/home/(USERNAME)/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/data/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

or get binaries individually on Github

https://github.com/LinuxBeaver?tab=repositories

OLD THINGS BEFORE THE LB: NAME SPACE WILL BREAK SOON

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Gimp 2.10.38 & 2.99.19 may break all my old GEGL plugins - update
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:13 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Two days ago GEGL 0.4.49 master branch had an update that broke the gegl:bevel plugin of mine before August 2023 by using the name space gegl:bevel for the plugin of mine that was officially accpeted. But all old gegl: namespace plugins still work. (for now).

However because classic (may 2022-august 2023) gegl:bevel broke it means GEGL Effects from the same time will not have a proper bevel effect. So make sure to update with the links above.