It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GAP for 2.10.22
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:55 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I've found it here: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Insta ... %20More%20

Just in case it's not posted here. Credit for the plugin goes to Rich2005

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: GAP for 2.10.22
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:49 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I really do not advise using GAP unless you have absolutely no other option or are very curious.

It was originally for an older version of Gimp and now many of the functions do not work 100% (if at all) add to that a very steep learning curve, picky about layer names..etc..etc.

There are newer equivalents for parts of GAP. An example is the GAP morph plugin. That can be used on its own, but these days the G'mic interactive morph is an easier alternative.

Quick example:

Attachment:
morph.gif
morph.gif [ 444.25 KiB | Viewed 8227 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

rich2005 wrote:
I really do not advise using GAP unless you have absolutely no other option or are very curious.

It was originally for an older version of Gimp and now many of the functions do not work 100% (if at all) add to that a very steep learning curve, picky about layer names..etc..etc.

There are newer equivalents for parts of GAP. An example is the GAP morph plugin. That can be used on its own, but these days the G'mic interactive morph is an easier alternative.

Quick example:

Attachment:
morph.gif

I've used it before in the past, so I thought, I might as well give it a shot for gimp 2.10.22. I tested it to see if it works when creating gif animations from video clips and it does.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:42 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

mackenzieh wrote:
I've used it before in the past, so I thought, I might as well give it a shot for gimp 2.10.22. I tested it to see if it works when creating gif animations from video clips and it does.

For that, I would just use ffmpeg. Many other easier tools available as well as on-line converters. I fail to see any real use for GAP, to be honest, but that's just me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:13 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

racer-x wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:

For that, I would just use ffmpeg. Many other easier tools available as well as on-line converters. I fail to see any real use for GAP, to be honest, but that's just me.

I think it can be useful. I remember using it to create an animated marquee. I think the tutorial is on this forum somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:18 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

@Mackenzieh.

With a dedication to You. ;)
Gimp-GAP Win_64bit:
https://www.gimpscripts.net/2020/11/gim ... 64bit.html

Slava
Ukraini!