It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ParticlesThuSphereMap
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:03 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I think the testing period could be considered finished: no errors (and no enhancements ideas).
I asked my three very kind co-testers and they agreed.
So here the filter at its final stage:
Attachment:
DIEGO_DECOR_ParticlesThruSphereMap.7z [4.26 KiB]
Downloaded 169 times

here only one example.
Attachment:
2021-03-22 11-30-071b2954309ffdf341df3f49b9fcfceac9-dcj4c3z with a particles effect using Map Object (Sphere).jpeg
2021-03-22 11-30-071b2954309ffdf341df3f49b9fcfceac9-dcj4c3z with a particles effect using Map Object (Sphere).jpeg [ 626.65 KiB | Viewed 2032 times ]

Other outcomes from all those who like to use it can be posted in the corresponding thread used during the test period viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19238.
But, if you find errors or like to suggest enhancements, you may post them here.

Many thanks to Issabella, Mackenzieh and Pat for their support in the testing phase.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: ParticlesThuSphereMap
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:54 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I believe it is customary in your country to kiss each cheek in gratitude but as we are miles apart, I will just give you a high 5 smiley. :hi5 Thank you very much. I'm going to use this filter well and I will post some of the results. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:26 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Hello_
I love how this looks and seem have a problem here . I am probably overlooking something very
basic. The plug-in crashes when i run it with the default settings and i get a message about " plug-in-map-object' returned no return values .

Is there an image requirement to begin with or cad this be applied to a photo ? perhaps that is my problem?
I am on GIMP 2.10 / Linux Mint (i need to make a signature so i dont have to add this)

(LeftyLeo/James)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:32 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian wrote:
I believe it is customary in your country to kiss each cheek in gratitude but as we are miles apart, I will just give you a high 5 smiley. :hi5 Thank you very much. I'm going to use this filter well and I will post some of the results. :)

Thanks Erisian.
Waiting for your plays.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:33 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

leftyleo wrote:
Hello_
I love how this looks and seem have a problem here . I am probably overlooking something very
basic. The plug-in crashes when i run it with the default settings and i get a message about " plug-in-map-object' returned no return values .

Is there an image requirement to begin with or cad this be applied to a photo ? perhaps that is my problem?
I am on GIMP 2.10 / Linux Mint (i need to make a signature so i dont have to add this)

If not private, could you post your image so that I can try to reproduce your error?

Edit: obviously my request does not make sense if it happens to you whichever image yhou use.