It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ubuntu MathMap Appimage Remade
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:08 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I remade 2 mathmap appimages for Ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04.

The 'focal' appimage
Compiled on Ubuntu Mate and tested on 20.04 systems. The appimage launches the installed Gimp (either system or ppa) and adds MathMap under Filters > Generic > Mathmap > MathMap. This location has animation filters.

Issue with GTK3 systems like Mate. You have to manually expand the MathMap window due to MathMap only supporting GTK2. Xubuntu has all window controls. This image does not work on later 22.04 jammy systems.
This is experimental software use at your risk but is pretty safe as it's only a 7mb appimage. Make executable before using.

The appimages are here.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Ubuntu MathMap Appimage Remade
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:00 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Woowwww!! :bigthup

It works like a charm on Ubuntu-MATE 20.04, even the window default size is perfect, resizing is not a problem if needed as it resize as it should (even the Alt+right click+ drag does its job properly) :bigthup :clap

Thank you very much Tas_mania :jumpclap :clap
I did not recall there were so much thing inside MathMap, this will take quite a while before trying everything :hehe

Default size (MathMap/Map/Radial Displace)

Manually resized

Even in the middle the resize is working horizontally, also when needed it shows the horizontal bar below the user values to access the "Default" button :bigthup

Again thanks a lot Tas_mania :tyspin

Post subject: Re: Ubuntu MathMap Appimage Remade
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:04 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Patrice, I'm glad it's working now and thanks for sending me in that direction. It's an old app and it's been hard keeping it up to date. Maybe I'll be able to convert to GTK3 some time.

I only use it for animation and I woke-up last night with this idea -

I think I could use it when I see 'spam' and free advertising for this <consumer> product :)

BTW I made my avatar with MathMap.