It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help! Script-fu gegl:gegl works on only some of my third party filters
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:29 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I am talking about the custom script fu for calling GEGL that can be found here.
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Scrip ... operations and BIMP

Inside BIMP gegl:gegl works on some of my third party filters but not all of them.

Here are the list of operations it works with and can be automated with BIMP.
pixel-wheel
starburst
starfield
fog
antique
metallic
sand-text

HERE ARE OPERATIONS IT DOES NOT WORK WITH

bevel
clay
glossy-balloon
effects
rock-text
edge-extract

There are likely more but I choose them for being text styling filters. (outside of edge-extract

I have not figured out why and I need to know. As I want to automate things with GEGL and GMIC using BIMP. My hypothesis is that the hidden operations these filters depend on is causing this. As many of my filters require several binaries to work. However
pixel-wheel works and it has one hidden (zz) binary operations it depends on. And Edge-Extract has no zz operations yet it still doesn't work. Showing evidence against my hypothesis.

Can someone please investigate why Script Fu's gegl:gegl can read some of my third party GEGL filters but not all of them. If we can figure this out I can do amazing automations with GEGL, Script Fu and GMIC. In the meantime I'll just have to manually make graphs of my filters.

So there are three things I know so far.

1. It likely doesn't have to do with hidden zz operations I use.

2. Putting gegl: in front of the title doesn't resolve it.

3. Putting the GEGL Operation in the systems GEGL doesn't resolve it.

Someone please figure this out and I will be great ful. I am already doing some really cool things with GEGL and GMIC.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Help! Script-fu gegl:gegl works on only some of my third party fil
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:35 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

These following strings also don't work and they are native gimp operations. The operations work but not particular strings like these.

gegl:median-blur radius=10 percentile=322 alpha-percentile=80

emboss  type=bumpmap azimuth=74 elevation=510 depth=4

Post subject: Re: Help! Script-fu gegl:gegl works on only some of my third party fil
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:44 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

median-blur radius=10  alpha-percentile=80 high-precision=yes

works.

median-blur radius=10 percentile=322 alpha-percentile=80 high-precision=yes

does not work

Sitll, no freaking clue why Script Fu doesn't take valid GEGL Syntax from native Gimp filters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:10 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I try to use Solid Noise with one of my plugin; Python for calling GEGL and did not work either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:21 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Okay I figured out how to get Median and Emboss to work. They had invalid values of percentile at 322 and elevation at 510. Far beyond their actual values. I still do not know why some of my custom filters are not working.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:13 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Might want to talk to Rob A. See if he knows why. ;)