It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A back up of all my filters that renames their name for preservability
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:26 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

DO NOT USE UNLESS ONE OF MY FILTERS BREAKS DUE TO THE GEGL OPERATION NAME BEING OVERRIDDEN

If two GEGL Filter plugins have the same name, In example. (gegl:bevel and gegl:bevel) only one will work. The latest. So if a potential new third party GEGL filter made by someone else takes the name of one of my filters. Then with this back up they will still work. This is a carbon copy source code back up of all my filters but renamed to gegl:beaver-bevel gegl:beavereffects gegl:beaver-glossy-balloon ect...

Also if two filters have the same name like (bevel.so bevel.so) that is fine and can be manually renamed to whatever and the filter will still work. It is the internal GEGL operation name that matters.

Just ignore this unless you need to use it for a day that comes. This is just future planning.

Attachments:
Beavers_Emergency_backup_all_filters_renamed.zip [448.46 KiB]
Downloaded 18 times
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: A back up of all my filters that renames their name for preservabi
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:24 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

You cannot have both this and my normal filters they will not mix.

Post subject: Re: A back up of all my filters that renames their name for preservabi
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:11 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

These are carbon copies of the source code of all my gegl plugins as of april 8th 2023. The only difference is the name beaver in front of the operation.

NEVER USE THESE UNLESS GIMP GETS A NEW FILTER THAT CONFLICTS WITH MY EXISTING PLUGIN.

You will also have to compile.

---

An example of a legitimate use case of this is if Gimp gets a new filter named bevel and it conflicts with my plugin gegl:bevel. gegl:beaverbevel will save the day.

Attachments:
plugins_special_rename_CODE_ONLY_april_8_2023_freeze.zip [312.1 KiB]
Downloaded 9 times